• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Gold Flakes Wanted

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxsimba9

Hi All

I'm after a cash trade for some natural out of the ground gold flakes to practice panning. A few grams should be plenty.Pm me....cheers.

Pan the local rivers fishing hole's gravels for the lead and or tin fishing weights ,it cost less than buying placer gold to practice with, and if the local fishing hole has gold you will find it too as a bonus.

Try cutting some small filings of lead count them before throwing them into a bucket of sand rocks gravel and dirt mix well, in your pan full of this mix fill your pan with water, bust up any clay or mud, pan the mix into a wash tub full of water dumping the lighter material into the tub, pan out everything but the lead, if you can pan lead, then now gold is no problem.

butcher said:
Pan the local rivers fishing hole's gravels for the lead and or tin fishing weights ,it cost less than buying placer gold to practice with, and if the local fishing hole has gold you will find it too as a bonus.

For the vast vast majority of people, It's much cheaper to buy Placer Gold than trying to pan for it ... unless you happen to have a high quality Placer stream literally in your backyard ... it'll cost the average person aprx. $100 (or more) just in gas to drive to good Placer ground from their house ... you can buy a gram of Placer gold in a paydirt bag for little more than spot price - still well under $100 ..... the cost of your gas doesnt even account for your driving, prospecting, & panning time.

xxsimba9 said:
Hi All

I'm after a cash trade for some natural out of the ground gold flakes to practice panning. A few grams should be plenty.Pm me....cheers.

Check some of the youtube channels that do Paydirt reviews ... some of the paydirt sellers are rip-offs, but a few offer very good value, particularly if it contains nice gold near spot price and a bunch of sluice concentrates ... a bag of sluice cons and a gram of Gold costs the avg. person roughly $250 to $500 to hand pan/sluice over a weekend if they honestly account for their gas, food, campground fee, and time - not to mention the cost of the equipment ... so, if you can buy a good paydirt bag with a gram of gold & sluice cons for around $75, your saving yourself a bunch of time & money

Back