Gold plated pins clean up

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xsvfan1

Okay so I had been practicing with gold fingers multiple runs to get use to processes.

Now for pins. I've have let them soak for 2 weeks and all the gold is off of them. Tried draining them off and filtering.

How do you guys separate the gold from the left over pins. I kept rinsing over and over and over until I ran out of room. Still having issues removing the remaining pins waste. I'm new so I didn't think to keep the pins separate by what they were.

Any tips on how to get the remining gold out of the pile of goldless pins? Alot of them seemed to have dissolved but alot didn't. They did break away from the gold atleast.

Some pins just take forever.

But what i used to do, Depending on the amount you have. I would rinse whatever foils I could from the pile. Then I would take a clean bucket and dump the remaining ones and pour some water in it. Then shake the bucket like crazy and dump the sparkle laden rinse water in a smaller bucket. Let foils settle then decant the rinse water back into the pin bucket. This generally got most of the foils. Then pins went back in ap if needed.

Andrew

Back