Gold-plated pins from Green fiber CPUs

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rreyes097

Supporting Member
So I'm finally going to try to focus on my gold-plated pins that I got from the CPUs green fiber. I was going to do a test batch but if I'm not doing a sulfuric cell, is everyone's opinion that I should do AP method and then follow up with ar after gold foils have mostly come off the pins? Or can I do AR first?

AP first. Let everything dissolve until only foils are left.
I put tiny plated items in a plastic pot, perforated all over with a hot needle to lift and rinse the dissolving pins in the AP.
Most foils go through the tiny holes and the pins stay in.

So I'm doing a 250 g process with used AP which is still good air bubbler, a little bit of fresh hydrochloric acid, and just a smidge of hydrogen peroxide to get it going. Very little hydrogen peroxide was added. So we'll check it out in a couple weeks stir it up every couple days and see how much 250 g of green fiber go play the pins gets me. I'm at 23 g trying to get to that troy ounce of gold! But I know this 250 g is not going to do be enough to get there lol

No H2O2 needed for used AP! just some HCL when you see white copper 1 chloride forming.
My bucket turned brown after starting the last batch and turned green again without adding HCL. Only air added.
That's a sign the leaching of copper goes faster than the conversion but enough HCL is still present to convert the copper chloride.
I just passed the one troy ounce gold line after inquarting some donated 14K rings last month. Took me 7 years hobbying it together. And almost half of it came from donated jewelry.
Lots of free scrap still waiting to be processed.

No H2O2 needed for used AP! just some HCL when you see white copper 1 chloride forming.
My bucket turned brown after starting the last batch and turned green again without adding HCL. Only air added.
That's a sign the leaching of copper goes faster than the conversion but enough HCL is still present to convert the copper chloride.
I just passed the one troy ounce gold line after inquarting some donated 14K rings last month. Took me 7 years hobbying it together. And almost half of it came from donated jewelry.
Lots of free scrap still waiting to be processed.
Nice! I wonder when I cross this mark. Somwhere about 18 g from scrap, around 20 g from placer/panning/sluicing in the streams, around 0,5-1 g from crushed hard rock. Negative side of doing refining on someone´s else material, it doesn´t add up to the stack, just paying bills. Maybe I reach one ozt from each feed to my retirement :)
So I'm finally going to try to focus on my gold-plated pins that I got from the CPUs green fiber. I was going to do a test batch but if I'm not doing a sulfuric cell, is everyone's opinion that I should do AP method and then follow up with ar after gold foils have mostly come off the pins? Or can I do AR first?
AR will probably get you over a liter of solution at the end. With plenty of time, AP. When the gold fever is stronger than patience, AR :D

Back