• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale Gold powder

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thank you 😊 I’m open to offers would be happy with spot price
Gold is best sold solid metal, and from serious buyers, expect less than spot price. When it is gold as powder, or molten dore bar, or ingot, prill, anything solid, there is no added value to it (like with placer gold or nuggets), it turned to comodity, which is treated as comodity - moneywise. Even if you does have 1 kilo of gold, nobody will buy it for the spot price - if you don´t add any extra value to it, e.g. refine it to 5N metal, or prepare ultrapure gold compounds like KAu(CN)2 or HAuCl4 from it.
Maybe some folks in urgent need of possessing gold will purchase the gold powder even for spot. Who knows. But you need to be aware that powder is still powder, with possibility of entrapped impurities, salts, moisture etc. That is why there is melting loss after you melt gold powder. Real, serious buyer need to account for that.
I do not mean to offend you or discourage you, I only say that getting spot for dropped gold is very unlikely, if we are talking about all serious buying offers of people who know the business.

Back