Gold Recovery

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yash

Hi,
I have metal which contain 10% gold, 10% silver, 70% copper, 5% iron and 5% zinc.
Please anybody tell me the process to recover this gold.

Yash said:
Hi,
I have metal which contain 10% gold, 10% silver, 70% copper, 5% iron and 5% zinc.
Please anybody tell me the process to recover this gold.

Do you want to just have that gold or do you want to know what you are doing?
If you want just gold you will be better suited to have it refined by somebody. If you plan or want to do it yourself start with reading Hoke`s book and this post too:
http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=6873#6873

Yash said:
thanks for help. I want to do this at home. Please mail the process to recover gold at [[email protected]][/url] or post on this

I know your new on the forum so I will put this gently...we do not hold your hand on here,you need to do the necessary reading and studying yourself, it's all here, it's free and you can do this.
To get you started read the safety section, C.M.Hoke and the forum handbooks, free as download off many members signature lines, and your half way there.
The chemicals your going to need to use are all dangerous and safety is our first concern, we are not been funny or awkward we just want you to be able to recover your values and be safe.

i have the experience of 2-3 years and friendly about the chemical names. i have already read many books and known the precaution and safety measures.
so, kindly post the process to recover gold. as soon as possible.

Yash said:
i have the experience of 2-3 years and friendly about the chemical names. i have already read many books and known the precaution and safety measures.
so, kindly post the process to recover gold. as soon as possible.

If you have read the necessary books you don't need the process posted, this sort if material is a no brainer for anyone used to refining.
Do you homework and read.
I could tell you so could Patnor and virtually everyone who has read Hoke.... What's the point if you don't understand the process or why we would do it that way. We can't be there to put right the variables that exist in most processes and I'm sure no one has the time to be on call 24/7 to answer the next batch of questions.
If you want tuition I'm sure someone will happily provide that service at a cost.
No one gets paid on here to provide information but if you can be bothered to read it's all there for free.

nickvc,
i have the fear that my gold will be lost.
So,i want the right way from the experts.
can you tell me the process or you may referr me to another person who is expert in gold recovery

Hash I have given you the best advice....read it's laid out here for free.
Your gold is going no where unless you lose it.
If you want someone to refine it for you and pay the charges there's members on here from all over the world who can do that.
If you want to do this yourself and not pay the advice remains the same, read Hoke.

i don't want to read books, search the process, etc. because i want to save my time. and if i read books, search, etc. may i not get the right process which recovery gold from this type of metal.

I don't want to read books, search the process, etc. because I want to save my time. And if I read books, search, etc. may i not get the right process which recovery gold from this type of metal.

Then sell your material as it is to a refiner, who has spent his time to read the book.

They are telling you it is not something someone can just tell you, like to mix flour water and soda and cook a biscuit, there is much to learn first, and can you tell me how to make stannous chloride and its purpose?

What fumes are produced?

What wastes are produced and how will you deal with these dangerous chemicals?

If you do not want to spend the time to learn, then you really do not want to know, you just want easy money, to get that sell your material to a refiner.

If you wish to learn we can point you towards where to begin and what books to read first.
We can also help you with something, you do not understand in these books.

Today you ask about this material, tomorrow you will have a different material, would we have to write the whole Hoke book for you to read, because that is the processes you need to know, why should I have to re-type her book it is already written by a person better qualified than me.

You will find link to your answer, in book section look for Hoke's book download and read it or sell your materials.

another option find a simple process on internet create a dangerous solution that will not work come, back to us and ask us how to get your gold back, and we will tell you again to read the book.

butcher said:
Then sell your material as it is to a refiner, who has spent his time to read the book.
hey.... You take my post in otherways.
i have also spend my time in learning and reading books.
But i don't want to repeat in again.
i was recovered the gold many times, but they are having 60%-80% gold.
and this time the quantity of gold was minor.
So, i just want advice for doing it in right way.
i want to do this from my hands.

if You are telling me to read this book.
so please send me that page from the book which contain my answer

Yash, so you already know how to refine gold.

Since this is already low very low karat gold inquartering is not needed, I would burn off any oils or trash, hammer flat or pour shot, treat with HNO3, settle, decant (recover silver from this filtered solution), wash gold powders, dissolve gold powders,filter and precipitate gold, then re-refine them again.

I have not written proceedure in detail but you can fill in the smaller details needed.

chapter 5 of Hokes is a good one (page 33), but when I refine I do not just use certain pages, I use information I gain from the book as a whole.

have you read Hokes? most of this should be familiar then.

Tell me, Tell me NOW. :roll:

So, i just want advice for doing it in right way.
i want to do this from my hands.
if You are telling me to read this book.
so please send me that page from the book which contain my answer

Read them, Read them ALL.

Yash said:
i don't want to read books, search the process, etc. because i want to save my time. and if i read books, search, etc. may i not get the right process which recovery gold from this type of metal.

I'm sure you've heard the saying "time is money". If you're out to make a quick rupee then send your gold to a refiner or have someone else do the work for you. If not, you will HAVE to do the research. You either lose time or money but you can't have it both ways. Here's another one... "You can't have your cake and eat it too."

you say that "The best way to test something is to
squeeze it, slowly, until it breaks." means what?

Latest posts

Back