Gold Recovery

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank You guys for helping Yash. I too believe that he was not received well. I also believe that this may have been due to cultural differences(misunderstandings). This forum is full of great, generous and well-meaning members that do indeed help anyone who deserves and earns their help. I am proud to be a member of this fine group! John.

GSP,
I'm guilty of referring Yash to PM you about the cynide situation, But only Yash, no one else. He really is a good guy.

I tried to help him in the past while he was being badgered so when He PM'ed me looking for help with this, I referred him to the person I felt could help the most.

I am here to help him with any questions he has. I deal daily with many people that English is not their first language. The tone of the conversation also has to include nationality and how the language translates with these electronic translators.

Tom C.

At no point do I feel I treated Yash with disrespect or shabbily, my intention in the replies I gave was to try to get him to understand the processes and reactions he was going to have to deal with.
GSP eventually posted about recovery and refining from a cyanide solution, that bears no resembalance to the first material discussed or even the second material, has this been abandoned as in the one test done Yash stated he had no gold powder in his nitric solution, to me this points to the fact there was no gold in there in the first place, hence my suggestion to read and learn testing techniques and procedures as well as what acids will dissolve what metals and leave others unaffected.
Refining is not something I believe to be taken lightly, we deal with dangerous and deadly chemicals and gases and with cyanide thrown into the mix we have a real recipe for disaster to strike very easily and without warning with fatal results for all in the vicinity.....
I hope Yash is as competent as he claims with chemicals and has read many books so that whatever he tries doesn't end in injury or worse.
The help available here on the forum is outstanding and the information even more so considering it's all free so for all reading this please use your time wisely and do the necessary reading to keep you, your family, neighbours and environment safe and recover your values and refine them successfully.

nickvc said:
At no point do I feel I treated Yash with disrespect or shabbily,
I agree.

My assessment of Yash is that he has no skills in dealing with people, enhanced by his lack of command of the English language. What he really needed to do was read enough to gain an understanding, then pose his question in such a manner as to not be so damned offensive. We're a very good bunch of people on this forum, and dedicate countless amounts of our time trying to help others. For that, we are entitled to respect. If it does not come, who can blame us if we get testy?

We try to accommodate those who do not use English as a first language, but it is incumbent upon them to also try to learn how to ask questions without sounding as if they are entitled. No one is.

Quite frankly, he's damned lucky I didn't ban him from the forum. You'll never know how close he was to getting that one way ticket.

Harold

There were quite few nice threads discussed this in last few days. Some people search and read other don't bother....
It is easier to ask isn't it?

http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=gold+plating+cyanide+solution&start=20

nickvc said:
At no point do I feel I treated Yash with disrespect or shabbily, my intention in the replies I gave was to try to get him to understand the processes and reactions he was going to have to deal with.
GSP eventually posted about recovery and refining from a cyanide solution, that bears no resembalance to the first material discussed or even the second material, has this been abandoned as in the one test done Yash stated he had no gold powder in his nitric solution, to me this points to the fact there was no gold in there in the first place, hence my suggestion to read and learn testing techniques and procedures as well as what acids will dissolve what metals and leave others unaffected.
Refining is not something I believe to be taken lightly, we deal with dangerous and deadly chemicals and gases and with cyanide thrown into the mix we have a real recipe for disaster to strike very easily and without warning with fatal results for all in the vicinity.....
I hope Yash is as competent as he claims with chemicals and has read many books so that whatever he tries doesn't end in injury or worse.
The help available here on the forum is outstanding and the information even more so considering it's all free so for all reading this please use your time wisely and do the necessary reading to keep you, your family, neighbours and environment safe and recover your values and refine them successfully.

Nick,

I did somewhat discuss this in the same post.

GSP said:
NOTE#1: On the initial problem on processing the alloy (10Au, 10Ag, 70Cu, 5Fe, 5Zn or Pb). As 4metals and others have said, everything on this list, except the gold, will dissolve in 50/50 nitric acid. The only possible problem I see is that, with the gold at 10%, some of the remaining gold might be colloidal. This can cause settling and/or filtering difficulties. With all that copper, zinc, and silver in it, the reaction will probably generate enough heat to dissolve most of it. At the end, however, I would transfer the undissolved solids (gold, mainly) to a beaker, add a little fresh 50/50 nitric, and heat it to dissolve that last bit. Filter and rinse the solids and put them through the aqua regia process to purify the gold.

If you did dissolve the base metals and silver completely in nitric and, if no brownish powder (gold) remained after doing so, that means that there was no gold in there to start with. I am assuming no chlorides were present.

Hello everyone, i am so sorry about the way i framed mymquestions till now, but truly speaking it was not intentional ,just we can take it as language fumble, bt anyways i am glad to be a part of this great forum which is always up ahead in helping others,and i hope i will be getting all the help i need and will provide from myside also if needed, thanks to every one.

A wonderful improvement of your attitude, Yash. Welcome to the forum.

Harold

I treat my metal with HNO3, Then dissovle the powder in AR, neutral it with urea, then HH. I collect the ppt and melt it.
But my gold is fragile?.
Can any body tell me why?
and how can i correct it?
pls.

Possible lead contamination, in future add a few drops of sulphuric acid into your AuCl solution, the lead will precipitate out as lead sulphate , filter solution and then precipitate your gold.

Yash I believe Martyn may well have given you the answer you need but I would suggest adding a good rinsing cycle to your precipitated gold powders. Harold,s method is very good and will remove many contaminants from your powder including any silver chloride that gets through.

nickvc said:
Yash I believe Martyn may well have given you the answer you need but I would suggest adding a good rinsing cycle to your precipitated gold powders. Harold,s method is very good and will remove many contaminants from your powder including any silver chloride that gets through.
how can i wash my ppt?

Yash I'm sorry I'm not good with computers so I'm not been awkward when i suggest use the search function and look for Harold V and rinsing methods, he uses water, hydrochloric and ammonia but it's all there in detail and why you do it, it removes many contaminants that drop with your gold powder.

nickvc said:
Yash I'm sorry I'm not good with computers so I'm not been awkward when i suggest use the search function and look for Harold V and rinsing methods, Snip
Here is one such post by Harold;
http://www.goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=11106&start=20

Back