Gold refining

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh btw this isn't bs and a cellphone or ICs can recover some gold. I got a 1/100 ounce gold coin to add to a new solution of HCl and H202 (31 percent, 6-10% ) and plate gold alloys to steel and titanium. A titanium sheet will plate nicely to gold alloys.
Please, you do need to do some serious reading and studying.
You can start by reading C.M. Hokes book. Then search the net for the reactivity series. Print it and hang it in your lab. Then start searching the forum.
ICs and Cellphones can not recover gold. They do however contain some Gold, at least some of the ICs do.
Titanium are nice for plating, but needs to be used in a electrolytic cell.
The challenge is to get only the Gold to plate to your target.
The HCl/H2O2 way is not the best way ti get your gold. Unless you dissolve all the metals including the copper inside the PCBs you will not get it all. The Gold will cement out on to any metal less precious.

I don't think it ethical or right to insult others over procedures. I have taken Biotech and Photonics and like science. No need to be rude if you disagree.
I’m not trying to be rude.
But the procedure from instructables is a procedure that works to a degree but not enough to call it plating. Thats why I called it BS. Did you make the post in instructables?
If so, you can start by explaining why its a procedure worth doing?
If not why are you reacting so strongly?
It is not a good procedure for the reasons I described.
Unless you are looking for the kind of dirty random alloy that is formed by this procedure.
It will not be long lasting and it will tarnish fast.

Back