gold suddenly dropped 17/06/2021

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justinhcase

Supporting Member
Has anyone else been left with a very much reduced profit margin this week?
Do you think it is a natural market fluation or another aggressive manipulation by the large trading houses?
I, for one, am quite fed up with the price of physical gold being dictated by the manipulation of a completely fictional market based on derivatives.
Let us hope the new Basel 3 regulate set to split the two activity from one another will see the LBMA out of business permanently, And with it all the associated arbitrage business and position-taking on Comex, because most bullion bank trading desks will cease to exist.
The only supply to buy-side speculators of gold and silver contracts will be producer hedging.
That should put an end to or at least limit such disruptive price fluctuations as we have had to put up with so far.
This might even be a last ditch hurray from those men as if you are being put out of business forcibly you might as well suckle as much as you can get away with before the "Udder" is taken away from you, and you have to find a new money making venture.

I noticed it too, an unwelcome sight, for sure, but no real loss for me, since I'm hodling as much of my material (escrap) as I can in anticipation of hyper-inflation...

Btw copper took a bit of a dip recently, too... Might be connected

justinhcase said:
new Basel 3 regulate

Tell me more!

niks neims said:
I noticed it too, an unwelcome sight, for sure, but no real loss for me, since I'm hodling as much of my material (escrap) as I can in anticipation of hyper-inflation...

Btw copper took a bit of a dip recently, too... Might be connected

justinhcase said:
new Basel 3 regulate

Tell me more!

https://www.goldmoney.com/research/goldmoney-insights/the-end-of-the-lbma-is-nigh

Back