Good afternoon

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Germouse

I’ve been watching a few videos online about precious metals and refining. I’ve been retired for a bit, and this is a hobby I think I will definitely enjoy. I’m looking forward to learning.

Thank you for the welcoming environment!

I’ve been watching a few videos online about precious metals and refining. I’ve been retired for a bit, and this is a hobby I think I will definitely enjoy. I’m looking forward to learning.

Thank you for the welcoming environment!
Welcome to us.
Watching youtube videos, can be a sure way to much frustration and grief.
Most of them are rigged for clicks and views.
There are a few good ones though from people like Sreetips, Owltech and a few more.

Here are some tips for studying.

We ask our new members to do 3 things.
1. Read C.M. Hokes book on refining jewelers scrap, it gives an easy introduction to the most important chemistry regarding refining.
It is free here on the forum: Screen Readable Copy of Hoke's Book
2. Then read the safety section of the forum: Safety
3. And then read about "Dealing with waste" in the forum: Dealing with Waste

Suggested reading: The Library

Forum rules : https://goldrefiningforum.com/threads/gold-refining-forum-rules.31182/post-327766

Welcome to us.
Watching youtube videos, can be a sure way to much frustration and grief.
Most of them are rigged for clicks and views.
There are a few good ones though from people like Sreetips, Owltech and a few more.

Here are some tips for studying.

We ask our new members to do 3 things.
1. Read C.M. Hokes book on refining jewelers scrap, it gives an easy introduction to the most important chemistry regarding refining.
It is free here on the forum: Screen Readable Copy of Hoke's Book
2. Then read the safety section of the forum: Safety
3. And then read about "Dealing with waste" in the forum: Dealing with Waste

Suggested reading: The Library

Forum rules : https://goldrefiningforum.com/threads/gold-refining-forum-rules.31182/post-327766
Good morning and thank you for the resources. Sreetips is one of the YouTube channels I’ve been enjoying but I had not heard of Owltech before. I will check out that channel as well. Sreetips was the one that mentioned this forum, and I was actually looking for the book by Hoke. Thank you so much for the links!

Good morning and thank you for the resources. Sreetips is one of the YouTube channels I’ve been enjoying but I had not heard of Owltech before. I will check out that channel as well. Sreetips was the one that mentioned this forum, and I was actually looking for the book by Hoke. Thank you so much for the links!
Sreetips name in here is Kadriver😏
You can check out his posts by searching the forum.
Owltech is well, Owltech..😊

Back