GPR For Gold Mining

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please can a GPR be use to detects gold deep underground?

If YES, which is the best GPR for underground gold mining.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220120-075012.png
    Screenshot_20220120-075012.png
    451.9 KB · Views: 0
I don't think so. You could look for stratification layers or bedrock depth in placer deposits to narrow your search. Maybe in hard rock mining you could look for a vein.
This detector shows differences in density and make up of the soil if i'm correct. Soft material absorbs the signal and hard surfaces reflects it. Not which metals it contains. You can see if there is a void or if soil has been disturbed somewhere.
A huge monster nugget might be visible.
But the regular ounce per ton fine placer gold will not show up. I think.

I don't think so. You could look for stratification layers or bedrock depth in placer deposits to narrow your search. Maybe in hard rock mining you could look for a vein.
This detector shows differences in density and make up of the soil if i'm correct. Soft material absorbs the signal and hard surfaces reflects it. Not which metals it contains. You can see if there is a void or if soil has been disturbed somewhere.
A huge monster nugget might be visible.
But the regular ounce per ton fine placer gold will not show up. I think.
Thanks and we'll noted

To look sure - you can look for anything you want - search for the Russian crown jewels if you want - but to find - not so much - perhaps a slightly better chance than the aforementioned jewels.

If you are looking for a buried rock wall, or an underground castle that would be a good tool, judging changes in rock or soil structure or helping to determine the depth to bedrock, or differing types of rock, may be helpful in finding a buried treasure chest of gold, well overall that tool would not be of much use for prospecting for gold.

Much can depend on your area and how the gold was concentrated or moved in or on the earth's surface, not all gold deposits are alike or are formed the same manner, not all gold deposits will have gold deposited or concentrated in the same form, how gold is mined in one area can be completely different than how gold is mined in another area, just as the gold itself can be completely different from the different area.

Here in the goldfields around me, a gold pan is probably the best test tool to find gold and sometimes its source, in some places in the mountains and in the woods, there are gold nuggets that can be big enough to find with a metal detector although they are rare. A sluice box, or suction dredge, as well as many other small prospecting or mining tools or equipment most any man handy with a few tools, can put together with some scrap materials that could be found in almost any junkyard, on the other hand, a new miner or prospector can buy all kinds of fancy mining tools and equipment and then not find much of any gold to pay for all of that expensive mining equipment and supplies.
Much of prospecting is about what you know about the gold in your area, and your understanding of how to recover it, then it is about what kind of expensive equipment you can purchase to help you find that gold or to process it..

To look sure - you can look for anything you want - search for the Russian crown jewels if you want - but to find - not so much - perhaps a slightly better chance than the aforementioned jewels.
Thanks and well noted
If you are looking for a buried rock wall, or an underground castle that would be a good tool, judging changes in rock or soil structure or helping to determine the depth to bedrock, or differing types of rock, may be helpful in finding a buried treasure chest of gold, well overall that tool would not be of much use for prospecting for gold.

Much can depend on your area and how the gold was concentrated or moved in or on the earth's surface, not all gold deposits are alike or are formed the same manner, not all gold deposits will have gold deposited or concentrated in the same form, how gold is mined in one area can be completely different than how gold is mined in another area, just as the gold itself can be completely different from the different area.

Here in the goldfields around me, a gold pan is probably the best test tool to find gold and sometimes its source, in some places in the mountains and in the woods, there are gold nuggets that can be big enough to find with a metal detector although they are rare. A sluice box, or suction dredge, as well as many other small prospecting or mining tools or equipment most any man handy with a few tools, can put together with some scrap materials that could be found in almost any junkyard, on the other hand, a new miner or prospector can buy all kinds of fancy mining tools and equipment and then not find much of any gold to pay for all of that expensive mining equipment and supplies.
Much of prospecting is about what you know about the gold in your area, and your understanding of how to recover it, then it is about what kind of expensive equipment you can purchase to help you find that gold or to process it..
Thanks so much, well noted

Back