Graphite Skull Mold, $13, including postage to USA

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tarzan Tsui

Hi, just as the title says, a graphite skull mold as the picture below is sold at a price of USD$13/ pcs, including postage to USA.
but please note, the minimum order quantity is 8 pcs (not limited to this shape, you can also order other molds).
$13 is retail price, larger order, less is price.

External size: 60*40*10mm
Graphite Density: 1.82 g/cm3
graphite skull 1.jpg

I would rather whittle my own skull mold.
Are the prices of plain block graphite reasonable in price?
Hi, can I know whether you need a big graphite block, like 650*500*250mm or such, or you need small blocks that have been cutted to required sizes?
If it is a big block, we can ship it to you by sea, the price will definitely be a very good price;
If it is samll pieces, taking postage into account, it depends on the weight to decide whether it is worthy or not.
Any way, you can let me know the sizes and quantity, I will offer you a quotation for your reference.You can contact me via email: [email protected].

[IMG alt="Tarzan Tsui"]https://cdn.imagearchive.com/goldrefiningforum/data/avatars/m/65/65292.jpg?1634181142[/IMG]

Tarzan Tsui,​

Can you give an estimate price or fair guess of shipping a block of graphite 650*500*250mm or approximately 25"x20"x9" shipped by sea to the USA?

Can you provide more information on type and structure?

Such as what type of graphite soft or hard, natural graphite, or a petroleum based synthetic type of graphite , pure or mixed with clays, or fibers, like carbon fiber, magnesium, silica, alumina or zirconia?

Is the graphite pressed, molded or extruded?

Is this soft pure graphite for carving or harder types graphite used for things like electrical anodes arc furnaces?

Do you have info such as the density, porosity, particle size, hardness, strength, electrical resistivity, or other electrical properties, ash content or grade, and type, grain size, fine, medium or coarse?

Sorry for so many questions, just trying to get an idea of your product.

Graphite has so many uses, we can make crucibles and molds, electrical anodes or cathodes for electrolytic cell refining, electrolytic recovery, or waste treatment operations, arc furnaces or its electrodes, lubricants, bushings or brushes or bearings, battery's, or even making a giant pencil or our own graphene or Nano-computers...

Hi Butcher,

Regarding the price of graphite block, I suggest it can be talked about in email.
Regarding other questions, please see the answers below.

Q1: Such as what type of graphite soft or hard, natural graphite, or a petroleum based synthetic type of graphite , pure or mixed with clays, or fibers, like carbon fiber, magnesium, silica, alumina or zirconia?
- A: It is sythetic graphite, and it is hard and it's pure graphite. Natural graphite is not our business, nor clay graphite.

Q2: Is the graphite pressed, molded or extruded?
- A: The material of the skull mold is molded graphite.
Our featured graphite material is molded graphite and isostatic graphite (also called isomolded graphite). Generally speaking, molded graphite is cheaper than isostatic graphite. We can also offer vibrated graphite when customers have a need.

Q3: Is this soft pure graphite for carving or harder types graphite used for things like electrical anodes arc furnaces?
- A: it is hard, its applications do include furnace parts, and others.
To be honest, I am not sure what the soft graphite for carving is, because I hardly heared about soft graphite. I think maybe that is kind of different from our products.

Q4: Do you have info such as the density, porosity, particle size, hardness, strength, electrical resistivity, or other electrical properties, ash content or grade, and type, grain size, fine, medium or coarse?
- A: Yes, so I think you would like to know the properties of our graphite material.
As we have different graphite grades, subclassified under molded graphite or isostatic graphite, for customers' choice, here I will take XRD-5W under molded graphite as an example:

Density: 1.85g/cm3
Electrical Resistivity: 8-10 μΩm
Shore Hardness: 48 HSD
Thermal Conductivity: 138 W/m﹒k
C. T. E: 4.75
Flexural Strength: 46 Mpa
Compressive Strength: 85 Mpa
Porosity: 13%
Ash Content: 500PPM (which means the purity is 99.995%), and it can be purified to lower if required
Grain Size: 14-15 μm

Molded graphite and isostatic graphite are both fine grained, while vibrated graphite is medium-coarse.

The main applications of our products cover: vacuum furnace, nuclear industry, home appliance, powder metallurgy, metal casting, photovoltaic field, glass industry, etc. For further information, I can send our catalogue by email, if you would like.

Hope these above can answer your questions. Any more questions, you can ask me.

Hi Butcher,

Regarding the price of graphite block, I suggest it can be talked about in email.
Regarding other questions, please see the answers below.
If you give your pricing to butcher via email, you might get one customer. If you post it here on the forum, you might get more. I assume the pricing would be the same for everyone, not just butcher.

Dave

If you give your pricing to butcher via email, you might get one customer. If you post it here on the forum, you might get more. I assume the pricing would be the same for everyone, not just butcher.

Dave
Dave you're right, but trade of raw material is a bit different from retailing finished products. Unmachined graphite block is the raw material of machined graphite crucible or molds. When importing graphite blocks, factors like grades, quantity, shipment terms, payment terms, etc. all have an infulence on price, so it needs further negotation.
In some sense, material price and the price of finished products customers used in daily life are two things, as material cost is only part of overall costs. To avoid unnecessary misunderstandings from end user customers, importers and exporters usually didn't talk about material price in public. Hope you can understand.

Tarzan Tsui,
Nice description of your graphite product.
I can see where the grade of graphite your offering, can be very useful in many of the applications of my recovery and refining projects as well for other uses around the shop.
Thanks

Back