Greetings from the Lone Star State

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kinzoku

I'm going to be starting up soon and figured since I have been crawling these forums for months now I should probably join. Learned a lot, still more to learn. I am hoping to turn this into a profitable side income/business.

I'm going to be starting up soon and figured since I have been crawling these forums for months now I should probably join. Learned a lot, still more to learn. I am hoping to turn this into a profitable side income/business.
Welcome to us.

Since you have been her for a while you may alredy have studied some of this.

We ask our new members to do 3 things.
1. Read C.M. Hokes book on refining jewelers scrap, it gives an easy introduction to the most important chemistry regarding refining.
It is free here on the forum: Screen Readable Copy of Hoke's Book
2. Then read the safety section of the forum: Safety
3. And then read about "Dealing with waste" in the forum: Dealing with Waste

Suggested reading: The Library

Forum rules : https://goldrefiningforum.com/threads/gold-refining-forum-rules.31182/post-327766

Welcome to us.

Since you have been her for a while you may alredy have studied some of this.

We ask our new members to do 3 things.
1. Read C.M. Hokes book on refining jewelers scrap, it gives an easy introduction to the most important chemistry regarding refining.
It is free here on the forum: Screen Readable Copy of Hoke's Book
2. Then read the safety section of the forum: Safety
3. And then read about "Dealing with waste" in the forum: Dealing with Waste

Suggested reading: The Library

Forum rules : https://goldrefiningforum.com/threads/gold-refining-forum-rules.31182/post-327766
I have not read Hokes book yet that is a project to start this weekend. I have read the dealing with waste bits, and I have poked around in the safety. I'm not starting this up tomorrow, but hopefully I will start buying equipment and materials in the next few months.
1 of the reasons I finally registered was so that I could interact with the free version of Hoke's book.

Do you have a buyer lined up to sell your refined PM's?.... Some places are a bit leery about buying PM's that had the original making/hall marks removed.
Saw a video by @kadriver where he talks about who he sells to, going to try that route. I will obliviously check into that before I start buying the equipment. I'm open to other suggestions if they are out there.

Back