GSP's Book For Sale

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldsilverpro

In Remembrance
Moderator Emeritus
I just received a PM from a guy that couldn't order my ebook because of Lazersteve's website being inactive, and that's where the PayPal order button for that ebook is located. I wondered why I wasn't getting any orders lately.

The title of my book is, "The Secrets of Gold and Silver Scrap". The price for the book is still $35 and you still get the bonus material (189 pages). Please note that I am selling a PDF of the book, sent via email - no videos; no hardbound book; no CDs.

For the time being, go to Paypal, log in, go to "Pay or Send Money", and send me $35. I've done this a few times and it's pretty easy. I will immediately get an email from Paypal telling me you've paid and giving your email address. I will then email the ebook to you. The email address that I use as my Paypal account # is:
[email protected]

NOTE: Many people have old PayPal accounts and, with some, the old email addresses they used to set the account up with no longer exist. If you order through PayPal, you must have a valid, up-to-date email address. Otherwise, I will have your money and you will be quite upset when you don't receive the book.

I'm thinking you can do this without a Paypal account, but you would still have to give them debit or credit card #s, or your bank account#. Probably easier to set up an account and deposit a few bucks.

You could just mail me a check. Not as convenient for me, but money is money. Make sure you include your email address in the letter or everything will come to a screeching halt.

Chris Owen
512 S. Main
Nevada, MO 64772

To see the table of contents, a few full page samples, and a discussion of the bonus, go to the 1st post on this thread:
http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=5810&p=49946&hilit=book+bonus+deal#p49946

See attachment below for the table of contents of the bonus material:

A testimonial by 4metals, arguably the most knowledgeable person that has ever been a member of this forum.
http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=5810&p=216039&hilit=bumped#p216039

EDIT: According to Barren, Steve's site is back up. You can order from there if you want. Here are the instructions. If you still have problems, use one of payment methods above.
http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=5810&p=81229&hilit=masihrashidi#p81229
I just noticed that you can go directly to the following link to see a list what Steve has for sale. My book is #30 on the list. If you do order my book from Steve's site, make sure it is ordered separately. When ordering, do not combine it with anything else on Steve's list.
http://www.goldrecovery.us/pricing.asp

Attachments

• TOC of Posts .pdf
    16.7 KB · Views: 264
Palladium said:
I to can attest to the value of your knowledge in the book.
Well worth the money!
Thanks, Ralph. Although we know gold well, we are both silver guys at heart and, although it is about 75% on gold, I think my book reflects my love of silver.
PROS: Silver is more fun than gold. Bigger piles. More of it out there. Less people interested in it - gold's poor "sister". Bigger profit margins. Not as competitive. Often richer per pound. In general, easier and simpler than gold. Processes are more predictable, controllable, and stoichiometric. Under-priced. Big fun melts.
CONS: It occupies more space, costs more to handle and ship, and requires larger equipment.

In about 1980, there were probably 200 gold refineries in the L.A. area, although I would doubt there were more than 2 or 3 silver refineries and that might be exaggerating. The only one I actually knew of was the one I was working for, which ran about half gold and half silver, based on dollar volume. We did much of the sterling scrap in L.A. and stuff like super heavy buckets of retorted dental amalgam and AgCl residues from working karat gold, from many other refineries. The owner only paid for the silver!!!! He also bought a lot of "dirty" black copper base metal from other refineries that they had generated from cyanide gold stripping!!!! He made a lot of money!!!! He really wasn't a crook, but he just didn't feel it was his job to "educate the customers". He usually bought scrap outright which, to me, can never be dishonest, unless lying or trickery is involved. He made an offer. The other guy either accepted or they haggled a little. An old buddy and ex-partner of mine that owned a very successful scrap metal yard for about 60 years, always said essentially the same exact thing - "I'm not here to educate the public".

Looks like I drifted from the topic got and got carried away with silver. Sorry 'bout that.

Buy my book!

Chris

I will admit I got into refining and never had to work hard to get scrap material, when I first did it, I worked directly for the scrap generators so it was no problem. But I had to come equipped with a degree in chemistry and a stack of old text's to come up with the methodology. There was no GRF and refiners weren't talking!

When Chris started selling his e-book on the forum I purchased a copy. Of all of the books I have, Chris's book tells you all you need to know about what scrap to get, and how to process it. Silver is, as Ralph and Chris have mentioned above, well covered. I have never found any other book to detail building and operating a cell for silver refining including the analytical chemistry needed to titrate the cell to keep it running. I ran cells like his for years, exactly like his, as in set an alarm to wake up every 4 hours to scrape the cells all week. (I did shut down and take weekends off) I was scraping those cells nightly when the Hunt brothers were making their mark on the silver market and I profited handsomely. But you guys can do it by following the instructions in Chris's book.

Unlike other works on refining, the GRF members have the added value in posting a thread to ask any questions about the content of Chris's book and get an answer, likely from the author himself. Try that with Rose, Lowen, Ammen, or Hoke!

goldsilverpro said:
Palladium said:
I to can attest to the value of your knowledge in the book.
Well worth the money!
Thanks, Ralph. Although we know gold well, we are both silver guys at heart and, although it is about 75% on gold, I think my book reflects my love of silver.
PROS: Silver is more fun than gold. Bigger piles. More of it out there. Less people interested in it - gold's poor "sister". Bigger profit margins. Not as competitive. Often richer per pound. In general, easier and simpler than gold. Processes are more predictable, controllable, and stoichiometric. Under-priced. Big fun melts.
CONS: It occupies more space, costs more to handle and ship, and requires larger equipment.

I love silver for all the same reasons - its my bread & butter

I had to be drug into silver kicking and screaming. Some people do it for the hobby side, but in the commercial world i've found you can't operate without it. I implemented silver out of necessity to my business dealings and the benefits far outweigh the cons for my bottom line. I like it also for what Chris said. I can play with silver by the pounds. I can't do that with gold, at least not yet! Silver keeps the doors open and the light bill paid during downturns in the gold market. It's a lot of work and you have to run volumes to make it pay off, I literally have 5 gallons buckets of dried powder sitting around, but the fun you can have with it is priceless. The monies good to! :p

Ralph the refining business is about margins and silver gives the greatest if you know what your doing as Chris stated.

I just received an order from a person in Alaska named Gene Jordan, through PayPal. The email given to me is invalid. I've tried sending it twice. If you read this, Gene, please PM me with a valid email address.

Chris

Hello Friends,

I tried to log onto the links but seems they are not operational, can anybody guide me on how to buy this book.

Its must book to have.

I do not believe the book was ever published for the public use, the Author and our good friend has sadly passed from this life, we do not know if his family will publically publish his book or not.

I believe there have been attempts to try and contact his family to see if there was a way the book could be available again.

GSP book was just a small more organized portion of what he had shared here on the forum, so even though we may longer be able to buy his book from him, we still have all of the information of his book in his writings here on the forum.

Reading GSP posts here on the forum may not be like reading a book, but in ways, it is better than a book.

Looking back through the files that we traded over the years i realized i have original unlocked copies of both.
Conundrum! What to do?
Lock away the knowledge or use that knowledge for the furtherment of the art and the forum?

Thank You, Seniors, for feedback.
Yes navigating through the forum has vast pool of knowledge, but the words of wisdom in one place is not less than a treasure hunt.

Palladium said:
Looking back through the files that we traded over the years i realized i have original unlocked copies of both.
Conundrum! What to do?
Lock away the knowledge or use that knowledge for the furtherment of the art and the forum?

If there was a way to contact his family and ask about keeping it available I think it would be of great benefit to the forum and refining community. And a way of keeping his knowledge alive.

Lou had good contact with GSP. He is working to contact the family. We all have copies of his book, but as with all materials of its kind, it is protected by copyright and it would be inappropriate for anyone to share their copies. Please be patient.

Dave

Hello, everyone. Sorry to resurrect this old thread but I was investigating about Chris' book and I found some interesting things. While searching the information, I got his obituary (because I couldn't enter normally to the page, I had to register it on the Internet Archive): https://web.archive.org/web/20201013230131/https://www.nevadadailymail.com/story/2606908.html

So, I thought I had to search online in order to find something that could help me get some useful information. However, I couldn't find anyone listed there on the internet. Therefore, I focused in the book. That led me to the table of contents posted by Chris on the other thread related to his book. The table of contents says that it's copyrighted since 1989.

Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg

I'm not a writer nor a lawyer, but I knew that the only way to know if it was copyrighted (no matter if it was ever printed or not) was to enter in the United States Government Cop Copyright Catalog: https://cocatalog.loc.gov/

I put the name of the book multiple times (in every search possible) and the results were nothing, which tells me the book is not copyrighted nowadays. So, the copyright of the book here is in fact a moral one instead of a legal one, that's the truth. The result is different if I search Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen for example, it appears as registered. As the book it's not registered it doesn't have a legal copyright, ergo, it is in public domain. As it doesn't have legal copyright, I think Chris' family couldn't do anything on it. That explains why the book doesn't appear anywhere on the internet (aside form the forum), no matter how many times I searched. Wouldn't it be weird that a book written so long ago didn't appear anywhere? Again, the story is different if I search Recovery and refining of precious metals by C.W. Ammen for example.

Webp.net-resizeimage (3).jpg

Well, many would say that this only applies to printed books, but this is not true, because one could copyright a digital book using the copyright index: https://copyrightindex.com/

That would be all the things I have discovered.

Thanks for reading,

- Ismael.

I also tried to put Chris' name in all categories, even backwards, and the results were the same; nothing.

Thanks for reading,

Ismael.

Back