Hands full

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dolanbobbyd

Wat up, hows everyone doin, so ive been out the joint for 3 1/2 years an been drivin for a trash service. Ive been stackin all the computer shit the hole time. Ive also here recently started stackin the wall mount tv's. Anyway, I got bout 8 big ass totes full of assorted any thing to do wit e- scrap an probably 30 tv's. Yall have just introduced me to this book, and thank you, im glad i was tryin to figure out the difference between muriatic acid etches concrete by Kleen Strip Green, and muriatic acid 31.43 '/. hcl by Transchem. Still aint found out so if anyone wants to let me no if I can use the K strip stuff, that be cool!!! But I'm going to to check this book out. Like I said I'm glad I started checking things out before I went any further, I have tried three times now to recover here in the last couple months, small amounts for test, I was successful one time, and that's from watching Sreetips, and he's fairly new at the whole e-waste recovery and refining. The second time, and this is all from foils,. I had a buildup of white settlement type stuff, I couldn't get gold to come out of solution, the metabisulfite would like react and then become the settlement that thickened up, and third time I let sit for a couple days after it dropped an poured out solution, it looked like mold, wen I put it in melt dish, it burned up. On top of the e-scrap, first week of every month is bulk items, so im also cutin compressors off fridgs, I should off new better then to stack those tho, I got bout 250 to cut open, aint a very quick process!!! My hands are full, this book will defently help, and if anyone wants to give advice ill take it. Im download this book, and start reading y'all's forms, thank y'all and God bless!!!

Welcome to the forum.

We kind of frown upon slang and lingo, so try to keep a proper and clear language.
There is a lot of people on the forum that depend on translators to understand.
Translators do not like slang and text lingo.

Additionally many chemical compounds have names that are similar but will do different things and are not interchangeable.

Muriatic Acid/HCl are the same thing, but some brands may have additives that do different things.
Try to read what it contains, it should not be anything else than HCl and water.
It may still work for us, but most don't like to add compounds with unknown effects.

Regarding your issues, we need to know exactly what you have done to it, and how much of what material you processed.

Reading Hokes book will give you a good start to understand what happens.
She did not get into what many do today, e-waste.
But the actual refining is the same.

And be safe, do this outside and away from people and other metals, any and all Iron/Steel based tools/cars/structures will be damaged by the fumes.
Animals and persons breathing the fumes can be injured.

Back