Happy Thanksgiving

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrugalRefiner

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

We always gather with our family at our home every year, but weren't able to do so last year because of Covid. This year we will all be together again, and I am so thankful for that.

I hope we all enjoy this day, and appreciate all we have to be thankful for.

Dave

Happy Thanksgiving to you Dave and everyone else as well. I too am thankful to spend the holiday with family again after separation due to COVID. Good food, good German beer, and happy times!

May you all have a wonderful day as well.

Elemental

Happy Thanksgiving!
I'm new here, been lurking and learning for several months.
Just enjoying the day with friends and family.
I've been thinking about posting something to break the ice and this looked like a good place to start.

About 3 years ago, I partnered up with my neighbor who has some really good old claims in Pertersville, Alaska.
She is a strong widow, but wasn't comfy that far out in the mountains without a competent partner.
Me being the constant student, I did my usual thing and started out to learn everything I could. I read C.M. Hoke's book, watched hours of MBMM videos on smelting and testing, and found myself here picking the collective brains of this forum.

Fast forward to this past Summer and we've located some very rich gold bearing gravels that have eroded from a Quartz Granodiorite pluton. This coming season we are planning to crack it open properly.

This past Spring, I overhauled a nice smelter that her husband had a local guru build. Very well designed and now it's up and running again. We've done several successful smelts and cupelled a few nice beads. I really like being able to sample anything we want for about $5 a shot. I've also tuned up a small 2"x3" jaw crusher and will be fixing the 3"x5" jaw crusher and motor that needs some work. By Spring, I'll have a 24"x36" ball mill on a trailer to be used as part of a pilot plant out there at 3200' elevation.

Again I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving
Hope you have a wonderful day.
Respectfully,
Les

Moderators: If I've placed this in the wrong forum, please feel free to correct it.

Thanks James.
I just realized that it might have been better in the Introduction forum, but I might as well get my first mistakes out of the way.
I'm learning a lot every time I visit here and I hope to add some good input that others can use.
Maybe even a few pics of some nice lode gold too.
Regards
Les

Back