Harvesting fingerlings

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Strangebrew

I tried an old-fashioned paper-cutter for shearing the fingerlings off circuit boards and it works quite well. I went through 300 boards and it only dulled the blade slightly.

Time-saving device...just don't use your wife's paper cutter.

Jeff

Rag and Bone said:
Fingerlings! :eek:

As I was thinking of this post, I kept having a visual of my personal fingers being harvested with that blade! :shock: So I slipped into the jargon from the major e-scrap community.

I tried my paper cutter some time ago. It had difficulties with cards that had irregular finger edges (more than one tab and blank finger extensions).

Mine was a light duty plastic bed one and I wasn't real happy with it. If it had been one of the heavy wooden block type I'm sure it would have done much better.

Steve

I've only recently started keep fingers from cards I'm not using (you've all peaked my interest by now) I have 3/4 garbage can full. I started with my bandsaw but it's too time consuming. The Vise method demonstrated by Steve is quick and clean and my method of choice.

Back