Has anyone used Dezo in place of NaCN for gold stripping?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plannig on testing Dezo to strip gold plate. 55grams/L at room temperature. I do not know how much Dezo can hold per gram so I will be testing the same way as you would with NaCN.

I have had great success with Eco GoldX but wanted to try something new.

I do not want to deal with NaCN

I can provide the MSDS

As far as I remember, GoldX also contains a Cyanide compound. We discussed this here a few years ago. No matter how they call it, there is always some Cyanide included. Correct me if I am wrong.
So any "wonder" solvent with a "secret" formular that comes out on a regular basis and claims to be "clean" and "safe" turns out to be just another cyanide variation. Do you have a MSDS on those substances? I would be highly interested in it.
Anyway, to be sure: Don´t add acids! ( because that would release toxic cyanide fumes)

Edit: Just saw you have the MSDS. Why not show it then, so the (real) experts here can discuss it?

Couldn’t find any information about this product using a google search so I really can’t comment as I have absolutely no clue what it is :unsure:

Yup thats it. Thanks, I am fully aware of Cyanide safety component to all of these. Ph concerns as well. My only draw to this one particular product is the company says I can recover metals using electrolysis from the pregnant solution.

The gold plated stripping test for me was to see how much Au I could get into a liter of this stuff. Based on that I can figure a basic dose for Dezo on gold concentrate I have to process. I was planning on jar roll testing 1,000g tests for the concentrates in 3,000 ml. Cyanide is supposed to be 0.3%, but I was thinking .5%.

From a gold ore concentrate I will use electrowinning as the primary recovery. Dezo said it can be done. So thats what I intend to do. In the end the pregnant solution still needs to be filtered through activated carbon but a lot less is needed since the solution will be stripped of a majority of precious metals. I was looking to eliminate this step, or at least decrease the volume of AC to process. I also wanted to recover a majority of the gold and precious metals on a cathode. This cost me nothing, where Carbon has to be either incinerated and smelted or the eulution process. I guess I am lazy. I know none of this is new or ground breaking, but its new for me. Trying to save time.

Inhalation: A runny nose, breathing slowly, and the difficulties.
Ingestion: Air expansion or contraction, diarrhea.
Skin: The skin aglow, ruffled, relaxation, and rash.
Eyes: Eyelid blepharoptosis, eyeball outstanding or tremor.

Excuse me sir, I inhaled this and now I’m having…”the difficulties”. Oh and blepharoptosis.

Should immediately from the scene, moved to the air fresh place!

This is a fun translation.

Back