Has this been done before?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elemental

Supporting Member
I'm on my third read of Hoke's book and the chemist in me wants to translate her practical exercises into a more lab friendly collaboration. I'm curious if anyone has gone through and compiled just the exercises into a clear and concise document? Something like a lab notebook to accompany the text. I've starting writing something that is akin to a college lab manual, where you are given your chemical list, equipment list, safety notes, and step by step instructions, along with spaces to put in your observations (masses, colors, precipitates, etc). While this is more for my personal growth and a way to document my findings as I begin exploring gold and platinum refinement, I thought it may be useful to other new members of the forum.

Please let me know your honest thoughts about it.

Elemental

Based on my actual knowledge the answer to your question is No. I like your idea. Besides to this I also think that new members could find very helpful a picture collection of chemical compounds that often occurs in gold refining, to give an idea: picture of CuCl2 (aq) : from very diluited to high concentrated to saturated solution with white CuCl on the bottom, and so on for AuCl3 (aq)

Latest posts

Back