Have you heard of this company called modumetal? They "grow" metals via electrolysis and nanotech

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IsaacUS

https://www.core77.com/posts/74792/New-Materials-Modumetals-Nanolaminate-Alloys-Grown-in-a-Tank-Outperform-Steel

Articles all over the web say that they grow metal, as if they are planting metals and letting it grow. These reporter's really know how to catch people in with those headlines :lol:

I was thinking though. Will it one day be possible to grow metals like how cells grow in human body. We get fat if we overeat.
Will it ever be possible to have an aqueous solution of iron just grow?
Why do you think this could be possible? Or not possible?

IsaacUS said:
https://www.core77.com/posts/74792/New-Materials-Modumetals-Nanolaminate-Alloys-Grown-in-a-Tank-Outperform-Steel

Articles all over the web say that they grow metal, as if they are planting metals and letting it grow. These reporter's really know how to catch people in with those headlines [emoji38]

I was thinking though. Will it one day be possible to grow metals like how cells grow in human body. We get fat if we overeat.
Will it ever be possible to have an aqueous solution of iron just grow?
Why do you think this could be possible? Or not possible?
Article looks more like they are producing alloys vs creating metals.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yeah. This article is particularly good. But if you do a quick search on Google. There's an article headline stating that they grow metal. Which is obviously false.

I started thinking about that though. Could you imagine if metal could be grown like a flower or tree.

I grow metal all the time in a silver cell. The metal has to come from somewhere, just as a plant or tree gets its raw materials from the soil, the air, and the sun.

Brass plating operations grow brass on a target cathode with copper and zinc anodes. I miss Chris. :cry: This was his kind of stuff.

It sounds like improvements on existing concepts. Not trying to take anything away from their developments. They're all smarter than me. :oops: It's all in the presentation.

Dave

FrugalRefiner said:
I grow metal all the time in a silver cell. The metal has to come from somewhere, just as a plant or tree gets its raw materials from the soil, the air, and the sun.

Brass plating operations grow brass on a target cathode with copper and zinc anodes. I miss Chris. :cry: This was his kind of stuff.

It sounds like improvements on existing concepts. Not trying to take anything away from their developments. They're all smarter than me. :oops: It's all in the presentation.

Dave
"It's all in the presentation"

Where would McDonalds be if there slogan was..."Fried dead cow parts sold real cheap?"

Not quite as good as " Two all beef patties..."

Where would McDonalds be if there slogan was..."Fried dead cow parts sold real cheap?"

My niece claims to be vegetarian but she thinks it is ok to eat meat so long as you don't kill it yourself. So when we go out to eat I ask her if she wants dead cow meat or dead chicken meat.

But you are right, it is all in the presentation. My grandfather always said "a good salesman could sell mud to a pig farmer."

Shark said:

My niece claims to be vegetarian but she thinks it is ok to eat meat so long as you don't kill it yourself. So when we go out to eat I ask her if she wants dead cow meat or dead chicken meat.

But you are right, it is all in the presentation. My grandfather always said "a good salesman could sell mud to a pig farmer."

I like that saying. It's amazing.

butcher said:
https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/chemistry/electrodeposition-of-metals

Thanks! That was a very interesting page. I've bookmarked it for future reference. :)

Göran

Back