HCL+H2O2, 5to1 ratio, plus nitric acid

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOLDKAJIGGER

It appears i may have used a bottle of tainted HCL, to mix with nitric acid to make AR.
This is the story, i had a 5 to 1 ratio of HCL to Hydrogen Peroxide, made by mistake. I bottled the solution and forgot about it, accidentally used that bottle when making my AR. Will this effect my AR negatively, or will it just be weaker? The Hcl peroxide mix did have a couple weeks to evaporate off somewhat.

Edited witj typo to with**

Hydrogen peroxide in your aqua regia will make it a bit weaker from dilution but the peroxide should reduce the amount of NOx gases.
I wouldn't worry too much, it will work fine.

Göran

Goran is, of course, correct that it will work. A bit slower, but most of us here are a patient lot. Whether NOx gasses are somewhat reduced, I do not know from experience, but it seems likely.

I do want to add that this is an example of why it is necessary to label EVERYTHING. Please do not ever leave solutions or chemicals no longer in their original containers to memory. Eventually each of us makes a mistake, and relying on memory for what we did this morning, yesterday, last week, or last year could lead to catastrophic consequences.

Time for more coffee.

Back