Hello again

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

upcyclist

I just got an email with recent posts from GRF, and thought I'd stick my head in and see how everyone's doing.

And also for a pulse check, so you know refining hasn't killed me yet. Well, those that remember me might be interested, but it's been a while.

I rarely do refining any more, mostly just to purify gold for re-alloying in my jewelry work, and silver out of my bench filings. IOW, I use my scrap to inquart my scrap. I'll occasionally buy karat scrap or a gold coin if it's for less than a 10% premium, because the 24k casting grain I could by from the jewelry supply joint I usually use is at a 15% premium lol. Besides, karat scrap is so easy to refine--all I really have to worry about is cheap stuff with tin ;)

It looks like everyone is doing ok--keeping the education going, the occasional cat fight resulting in a hiatus, etc. This place does work so much better when people check their egos at the door.

--upcyclist/Eric, who still has a bucket full of copper mud that no one wants :)

UpCycleist, Welcome back. Hang on to your bucket of copper. Prices are headed North...

Back