HELLO BE SAFE BE SMART

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Gentlemen and Ladies
I always says BE prepared for the job at hand BE or small. Safety first. You can lose a finger cleaning a glass mirror if that mirror breaks, or worse. Now we are being Chemist and many with no collage degree not even a GED. I think the Safety course is a wonderful idea. I have computer science psychology chemistry in my background but Safety First always... so everyone be safe first then start your progress of your refining may your health be with you!
Angie

Welcome to the forum.
If i may add: safety is consciously taking an acceptable and calculated risk.
What that means is: know the risks involved with the task and control the risks to an acceptable level as effective as you can.
Don't overdo it.
And if you want to introduce a new safety measure, like a splash hood with a fresh air supply line, take in account which new risks it causes and if these are bigger that the danger you're trying to avoid.
To be able to calculate or estimate the risks,
you need experience. To get experience, start small, perform the acquaintance tests from Hoke's book and study the forum.
Experience also lowers the risk.

Back