Hello from Austria

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoldUser

Hello together,

my name is David, and I'm 19 years old. I live in Austria (where basically "all" chemicals are banned :D) and work as a programmer.

I really love chemistry, physics and all other nature sciences. Since I was like 15/16 I wanted to get gold from old pc parts to refine some gold. When I got 18 I finally had money and felt "ready" to try and refine some gold. I watched some videos and thought I can just put all into HCl/Peroxide and dissolve with some bleach. Of course, I did a mess. I had some phone PCB's with gold plating, ram and CPUs. I ended up putting all in one beaker, and it came out with gold foils, magnetic dust and filters in a dirty solution. After stopping the process and finding out that it's more dangerous than assumed and far more difficult, I started by learning the basics of bonding and safety precautions. I read a lot here on the forum and watched many videos (a lot from sreetips, free chemistry classes from MIT/Stanford). After getting informed "properly" I achieved to recover my first 0.5g of gold from platings. I'm here to learn and maby help some members.

David

Back