Hello . I am David a licenced prospector . Thanks for welcoming me here !

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope to be able to help by sharing knowledge and maybe I can learn something as well . There is more to know than meets the eye in this field. To be a good prospector you need to know more than refining . You need to be a good geologist a mineralogist a gemologist an adventure seekers and much more . It's can be very difficult at times but very rewarding . Watch out for the bugs lol

Welcome to the forum.
I love geology but know very little about it. Truly a fascinating profession. Your experience will be a great addition.

You will probably be able to help us out with members posting a picture of a rock and asking us how to get rich from the 30% of rhodium their XRF report shows. 🤣

But seriously, this forum is full of people of all trades and crafts to help each other in our quest for knowledge in refining. We're never done learning. Need to keep those grey cells busy, right?

Martijn.

Welcome David,

So what exactly is a licensed prospector? And who actually licenses prospectors?

Don’t take this the wrong way, as my background is chemistry, just curious. My experience with prospectors was guys with wide brimmed hats and a geology hammer tucked into their belt.

Welcome David,

So what exactly is a licensed prospector? And who actually licenses prospectors?

Don’t take this the wrong way, as my background is chemistry, just curious. My experience with prospectors was guys with wide brimmed hats and a geology hammer tucked into their belt.
He already posted some super-sus stuff in the already scammy calaverite ore thread, claiming one could get 95% recovery from calaverite ore. And then something about a tiny sample of calaverite in a museum selling for $16k... unless he's talking about a foreign currency that's worth far less than a dollar, there's no way.

I hope to be able to help by sharing knowledge and maybe I can learn something as well . There is more to know than meets the eye in this field. To be a good prospector you need to know more than refining . You need to be a good geologist a mineralogist a gemologist an adventure seekers and much more . It's can be very difficult at times but very rewarding . Watch out for the bugs lol
Welcome David, I am trying to keep this respectful, so here we go. I started out a Prospector for gold in the Western United States back in 1976. I later on went on to manage a gold and diamond company in West Africa. Prior to that I had my own company in Guyana mining gold and producing a few thousand ounces of alluvial Au. Now, please tell me, just where did you get this license? Or better said, "Is this a Joke"? Your the first person to make me laugh today.

David said; (on another thread)
I live in one of the most gold prolific areas in the world next to Africa . The porcupine district .

My first thought was that wherever you come from, maybe, they do license prospectors. Maybe in Canada they do, or maybe they license prospecting permits for specific areas, which is more likely.
Porcupine Gold Rush - Wikipedia

David then said, (on that same thread)
When I find a refinery that will take mine I will be very pleased . However so far refining it myself may be much more profitable. I have tons and tons of it .

Surely with tons and tons of it, if it in fact assays as high as the Calavarite in the thread you posted this on, there is no doubt you could find someone to process this material. Although Calaverite doesn't seem to come from the Porcupine district. Calaverite - Wikipedia.

Back