Help and advice needed!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lifeguru

Good evening everyone! I hope you are all doing fine. I am new to this forum and generally inexperienced in this trade. I am simply trying to help my father refine his polish dust (gold, silver etc..)

He was in the business a while ago and has a decent amount of dust we are looking to refine. I have a few questions I am hoping to get answered after I had surfed this forum and realized that there are a lot of experienced people that were in many aspects of this industry.

My first question is if you know about how refineries feel if we ask to watch the full refining process?
Are there any specific refineries any of you recommend towards the SoCal area?
Any general advice when it comes to refining in general that I should be aware of?

Thank you all so much in advance!

In my experience, most refiners regard 1000 ounces as a minimum quantity and many do not pay for silver if it is mixed or an electrum dore. I do know of some consultants who will smelt smaller quantities and have agreements with refiners.......but they are not in So Cal. sorry I couldn't be of more help

Are you desiring to watch the process as an audit or more curiosity?

What levels of refinement/separation do you wish to achieve?

Also, what kind of quantity are you dealing with, did he process white gold (can have palladium) ?

I'm not a professional refiner, (I've done a bit for my own purposes) but figure these are good questions to know the answers to...

I know of no refinery who would allow you to watch any of the refining process. Most would allow you to view the melting, sampling and weighing of your material. Refining processes, although well known, are still considered proprietary and not to be disclosed.

Most large refineries will melt assay and then bulk process unless the quantity is large as its more economical, smaller refiners may well refine individual lots but that takes time probably several days so been able to watch the whole process may well not be practical for either party.

There was only one place I could find for this as I’m looking to sell some Gold flour it was in LA I found on apple
Maps butlots more if you travel up the coast

Good evening everyone! I hope you are all doing fine. I am new to this forum and generally inexperienced in this trade. I am simply trying to help my father refine his polish dust (gold, silver etc..)

He was in the business a while ago and has a decent amount of dust we are looking to refine. I have a few questions I am hoping to get answered after I had surfed this forum and realized that there are a lot of experienced people that were in many aspects of this industry.

My first question is if you know about how refineries feel if we ask to watch the full refining process?
Are there any specific refineries any of you recommend towards the SoCal area?
Any general advice when it comes to refining in general that I should be aware of?

Thank you all so much in advance!

Sreetips (a member of this forum) made some videos about refining jewelers scrap.
The refining was a long travel. I doubt, you want to whitness this the whole time.
Check out this video:

Latest posts

Back