Help Identify PGM ore

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok.
It makes a bit more sense now.
But I’m afraid the costs may outrun the gains.
It has to be quite expensive to transport it out, unless you can concentrate it substantially.
How do you think the costs will out run the gains? so far we have completed 2 stages of an end to end cycle:
1. Mining - low cost as the labour in that part of the area is fairly cheap
2. 20" Container shipping to refiner - Approx $10000
3. The refining stage- Our Polish friends estimates a recovery of 80-90%, however this stage is still unknown and we will only know for sure once the first cycle is complete.

now unless the refining costs become astronomical, I can't think why the costs will out run the gains as you say.

Well.
Shipping cost will then be about 50cent a kilo and the values will be about 68 USD a kilo.
So as long as the processing cost are low enough, it may be possible to make a profit.
But if one could concentrate it somewhat, things may improve significantly.

Bulk processing is yet to be completed. 23 Tonnes of the material is currently en route to the refinery. We initially had the materials tested by a lab in Germany (results attached). 4 samples from 4 separate veins were sent for analysis. As per the suggestions on the forum, when we did a full analysis using Fire Assay from SGS in Canada, the results showed nothing. However when sample from the same vein was sent to Germany and Poland, who as far as I know, did gravimetric tests we got the results as was expected
. View attachment 52277View attachment 52278
I don't speak German, are those good numbers for the Rhodium?

Brett

Back