Hi All Mr Lyonheir has become a New Member

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lyonheir

Hi All

Im a Precious Metal Refining enthusiast I was made aware of GRF via sreetip's whom I have been watching for a while now.
I was drawn to refining because I was looking to refine Catalytic Converters, I soon realised this was not going to be an easy task. Especially due to the fact im based in the UK.
The UK Government don't like you doing anything unless the King says its ok we are mere peasants in the eyes of the Nobel Men. LOL

If anyone wants to free me from captivity id appreciate the help.

Regards
Mr Lyonheir

Welcome to the forum.
Platinum group metals in solution are extremely toxic. Please study the safety aspects of chemistry and the toxic salts before going further with this.
There are some members here that are very experienced with what you plan to do, so it can be done.

Hi All

Im a Precious Metal Refining enthusiast I was made aware of GRF via sreetip's whom I have been watching for a while now.
I was drawn to refining because I was looking to refine Catalytic Converters, I soon realised this was not going to be an easy task. Especially due to the fact im based in the UK.
The UK Government don't like you doing anything unless the King says its ok we are mere peasants in the eyes of the Nobel Men. LOL

If anyone wants to free me from captivity id appreciate the help.

Regards
Mr Lyonheir
As Martijn says, Welcome to us.

UK is a bit awkward with respect to access to some chemicals.
But since hydrometallurgical extraction of PGMs from Catalytic Converters never is complete, the best solution is smelting.

Anyway here are some study material for you:
We ask our new members to do 3 things.
1. Read C.M. Hokes book on refining jewelers scrap, it gives an easy introduction to the most important chemistry regarding refining.
It is free here on the forum: Screen Readable Copy of Hoke's Book
2. Then read the safety section of the forum: Safety
3. And then read about "Dealing with waste" in the forum: Dealing with Waste

Suggested reading: The Library

Forum rules : https://goldrefiningforum.com/threads/gold-refining-forum-rules.31182/post-327766

Back