Hi, and Im a addict....

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Au-there

In my searches and watching of multitudes of "all too easy" looking YouTube videos, I came upon multiple search references of your site and wanted to hear from the (semi)Pros to see what I'm getting into.
I am an AV engineer, and when there is a rip out or recycling of particular equipment I know is of value, I hoard it, and as most of us know , soon it has become no longer viable for use (or truely belongs in a museum), its come to the point of ... reclamation! Still sadly is the bulk of the trons will still be wasted, but hopefully we can scrape out the best of it, and leave the rest to corporate. Hope to reclaim my understanding of my failed HS chemistry class (then purely to piss off my parents) and eventually come out with a nugget to stamp my own Dabloon.
Thanks in advance, Cheers!
JC

In my searches and watching of multitudes of "all too easy" looking YouTube videos, I came upon multiple search references of your site and wanted to hear from the (semi)Pros to see what I'm getting into.
I am an AV engineer, and when there is a rip out or recycling of particular equipment I know is of value, I hoard it, and as most of us know , soon it has become no longer viable for use (or truely belongs in a museum), its come to the point of ... reclamation! Still sadly is the bulk of the trons will still be wasted, but hopefully we can scrape out the best of it, and leave the rest to corporate. Hope to reclaim my understanding of my failed HS chemistry class (then purely to piss off my parents) and eventually come out with a nugget to stamp my own Dabloon.
JC
Welcome to us.
As Eaglekeeper said pictures will do wonders for Identification.

Her is something to study in the mean time.

We ask our new members to do 3 things.
1. Read C.M. Hokes book on refining jewelers scrap, it gives an easy introduction to the most important chemistry regarding refining.
It is free here on the forum: Screen Readable Copy of Hoke's Book
2. Then read the safety section of the forum: Safety
3. And then read about "Dealing with waste" in the forum: Dealing with Waste

Suggested reading: The Library

Forum rules : https://goldrefiningforum.com/threads/board-policy-this-should-be-read-by-everyone.4646/

Thank you , Yggdrasil and Eaglekeeper,
I was wondering if these would have been "handed out" to us freshmen, but I had actually found the copy. I was wondering as seeing some updates in there if there had been any official revisions since I had seen a 2018 reference.
Cheers!

Thank you , Yggdrasil and Eaglekeeper,
I was wondering if these would have been "handed out" to us freshmen, but I had actually found the copy. I was wondering as seeing some updates in there if there had been any official revisions since I had seen a 2018 reference.
Cheers!
I just handed it to you.
You did not read or study what I gave you and the links there?
This is not a good start...

There are other items on circuit boards that have recycling value. I would check out a website called boardsort, where you can send in e waste for cash. Also some of those vintage items may indeed be collectable, and can be sold on ebay.

JC
I say do it.... The knowledge is all around us now.... It's amazing to some of the things people have to do just to make a couple of copper pieces/tin mixed in... All the while, a lot of them/us. Are letting a lot of gold and other metals be buried in the Earth....
GET YOU SOME..... JAH-NEE

Back