Hi newby here, I'm wanting to start up a leaching process using Jin Chan and carbon, so far I have the Jin Chan and carbon and some sample dirt .

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi I don't believe gravity separation would work due to low concentration of ore,

Now that we have talked about the problems of Jin Chan (& therefore highly recommend not using this product) lets talk more about your ore so we can get you on a better path to better recovery

Lets start with you telling us more about your ore

Have you had any actual fire assays done on your ore ?

if so - what are the results of those assays ?

Is the gold in the ore actual gold - or gold as sulfides - or a combination of actual gold & sulfides ?

How are you processing the ore ? (hammer mill, ball mill, rod mill, etc.)

The more you can tell use about you situation/operation the more we can help (& pictures are always a good thing)

If gravity separation is not a good option then "maybe" floatation is an option ?

Kurt

International Bulk Container. I believe Deano posted a thread about using one for leaching ore. They also make the basis for a great fume hood. View attachment 65075

Thanks - I have all ways heard them referred to & called them "totes" & have used them for "many" different things (maple sap collection/storage when cooking maple syrup - chemical waste storage/treatment - cut out tops to use as gaylords etc.)

Kurt

Now that we have talked about the problems of Jin Chan (& therefore highly recommend not using this product) lets talk more about your ore so we can get you on a better path to better recovery

Lets start with you telling us more about your ore

Have you had any actual fire assays done on your ore ?

if so - what are the results of those assays ?

Is the gold in the ore actual gold - or gold as sulfides - or a combination of actual gold & sulfides ?

How are you processing the ore ? (hammer mill, ball mill, rod mill, etc.)

The more you can tell use about you situation/operation the more we can help (& pictures are always a good thing)

If gravity separation is not a good option then "maybe" floatation is an option ?

Kurt
Hi Kurt
The rock is very hard with traces of gold and pirities, I have a small crusher and a ball mill, could have sulphides, not sure as I'm new to this, I have heard you can just burn that off.
I have a 100 odd hectares lease so some ground might be better than others.
I'm getting ready to do something next year really. Nuggets Been found there for many years, I'll organise a pow and I've got a 30 tonne excavator, to dig with.
Should be fun.

Hi Kurt
The rock is very hard with traces of gold and pirities, I have a small crusher and a ball mill, could have sulphides, not sure as I'm new to this, I have heard you can just burn that off.
I have a 100 odd hectares lease so some ground might be better than others.
I'm getting ready to do something next year really. Nuggets Been found there for many years, I'll organise a pow and I've got a 30 tonne excavator, to dig with.
Should be fun.
Pyrites are sulfides, mostly Iron Sulfides.
There are other more nasty Sulfides though so knowing what you deal with may actually save your life.

Latest posts

Back