High grade gold ore in difficult location.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cuchugold said:
All international mining corps have lost millions trying to operate here. Chinese, russians, etc, etc. They come and die by malaria, bullet, boredom, or else.

Well that says it all really. Jog on.

Mining is a weird business. Only profitable at the low end small scale, and at the huge mega mining scale. Middle size operators just lose money. All these 'corps' tried to operate tip-toeing into the business. They lost.

A good PI unit and handheld pinpointer should do well.
I never used a pulse induction unit, so I cannot give comment to what would be the best bang for your buck (although I heard garret has a nice new model). I was very partial to all of my garret units, especially their handheld pinpointer.

Topher_osAUrus said:
A good PI unit and handheld pinpointer should do well.
I never used a pulse induction unit, so I cannot give comment to what would be the best bang for your buck (although I heard garret has a nice new model). I was very partial to all of my garret units, especially their handheld pinpointer.
Thanks. The top recommended unit, from the detector forum, is rather expensive, Minelab GPZ 7000. It's probably worth it since it appears it can detect up to 17 inches deep. It is more lightweight than I thought. Perhaps I can lease one with a deposit. In the meantime I will go ahead and buy just the pinpointer, and try it out on the field. Maybe in December when most of these people are drunk, and there is a lot of tourists visiting.

The garret pinpointer was or still is the best on the market
DONT get a ctx3030 for small gold trust me ive got one theres better machines for small gold. The ctx is shit hot but not for gold.
Remember a big coil head loses sensitivity but gains depth.
I dont think the minelab pinpointers upto much imho ive one.

Just to keep info linked to this thread:
http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=25178&p=278584#p278584

im1badpup1 said:
The garret pinpointer was or still is the best on the market
DONT get a ctx3030 for small gold trust me ive got one theres better machines for small gold. The ctx is crap hot but not for gold.
Remember a big coil head loses sensitivity but gains depth.
I dont think the minelab pinpointers upto much imho ive one.
I ordered a Garrett pro from Amazon.
Here are some useful videos:
Super tuning:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVphPxPjcp8
Ground balancing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOHMxjAT1TI

Good choice
I loved my garret pro dearly. I still wish I would have never sold it.
It has an excellent range, numerous times I was digging a hole that felt like it was halfway to china, then found a mercury dime at around 13 inches deep or so. Granted, it was right after a good rain, but I was still quite impressed.

Those are a good price on amazon, I paid 850 plus tax for mine 3 (maybe 4) years ago.

Hope it treats you well.

Re. gravity, tables, concentrators prior to any leaching.

http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=25178&p=278619#p278619

http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=23120&p=278633#p278633

Deano said:
Technically you have three options.

Somehow get water to the plant to set up a leach operation.

Dry mill the ore and sluice it to get a con which can be packed out, recycling of water can be practiced. Accept that large losses will occur in your processing.

Walk away from the whole operation.

Deano
Another set of questions for Deano: What is the best type of mill to use?. Can you recommend a relatively quiet way to mill the ore?. (All mills that I know of are extremely loud). I was thinking of an hydraulic mill of some sort to crush the rocks, not hammer them. Attached some pics of the higher grade vein crystal quartz, with gold, sometimes visible and crystallized too.

Also, have you ever used a gravimeter to survey an area?. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• ore1.jpg
    ore1.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 249
  • ore2.jpg
    ore2.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 249
  • ore3.jpg
    ore3.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 249
  • ore4.jpg
    ore4.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 249
  • ore5.jpg
    ore5.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 249
This is a pic of a rich placer spot cleanup. Took me 1 hour to shovel and pan fast. There's 7 troy Oz in there. And about 1 Oz left of finer with the black sands (next time I'll determine the exact sizes as per Deano's advice), in my pan tailings (as per fire assay). Very rich spot, but there are richer. You can see the different sizes of "coarse". You can also figure out why I do not want "visitors".

Attachments

• placerRich1.jpg
    placerRich1.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 354
That is some amazing finds, even without the gold. :D

If you find pieces like that you should sell them on eBay, it would pay a lot better than the gold in itself. But you need to at least reveal the region, the locality is worth as much as the gold for a collector.

The rock crystals could also be worth money for collectors, even if there isn't any gold on them.

I would gladly buy a piece with crystallized gold if you would sell one to me.

I'm a long time mineral collector and I'm glad you share the pictures.

Göran

Göran: I'll save a nice one for you. But first I have to get enough of the good stuff out, quietly, and safely.

Let's say that the location is in the Orinoco and Caroni river basin. :D

Thanks, that sounds great.

A location at that level is close enough to add value to a mineral specimen.

Göran

g_axelsson said:
Thanks, that sounds great.

A location at that level is close enough to add value to a mineral specimen.

Göran
I'll gift you the rock, sell the coltan to Lou, and x to y, if I find any ?. lol. :shock:

One really has to put a perspective on things in the south, and dumb it all way down. Here's a video by someone else. The red rock is "Jasper", a hematite/quartz mixture. Considered a "semi-precious" stone in the Bible, and legendary also in the tales of Alexander the Great, Dante, and others... Of course mining there is illegal...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxhWYzJzW38

A gravimeter is used for large scale surveys, unless they are reacting to a very dense deposit they will not give good info regarding small deposits. They are not regarded as suitable for small scale locating of vein structures. They also need to be treated with absolute cotton wool both in transit and use.

For a silent mill you have the options of petrol or battery power.

A gas engine well silenced is probably optimum as a power source but a solar charged battery set up may be suitable if you do not have ambitions of running tons per hour all day.

The actual mill can be either a hammer mill or a set of reducing jaw crushers if absolute silence is needed and you are prepared to operate at small scale with the resultant ore reduced to all minus 1mm via hand screening of the mill product.

Deano

Preliminary shopping list:

Jig: Gas powered 8" x 12" duplex. https://www.911metallurgist.com/equipment/gold-mineral-jig/ . This can be operated with little water.

Table for cons from jig: https://www.911metallurgist.com/equipment/rp4-shaker-table/ . This uses a lot of water. It may not be practical, without some sort of deep well pump, in addition. Requires electricity too, another minus.

Hammer mill: Still looking for a 1 T/hr dry mill, gas powered device. Learned something though, when crushing high grade ore in a lab mill with a 1 mm sieve, the ground dust came out, but it never ended grinding. After opening the mill, found that the coarse gold had formed "nuggets" INSIDE the hammer mill, that could not pass the sieve. A blessing in disguise I think.

Plan is to get all equipment, set up a working small lab in Brazil, test the vein ore, before gradually moving on site the dis-assembled lab and re-assembling it. Cost is going to be less than $15,000 for the equipment, I hope.

Any suggestions for a reliable, gas powered mill, minimum 1 T/hr, are welcome. Comments or suggestions on the other devices too. I have not placed the orders yet.

I'll be working on sieving and determining the size and amounts of the free gold on the < 1mm ground dust, as per Deano's suggestion.

The impossible is looking better every day!. :)

Attachments

• mill1.jpg
    mill1.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 277
  • mill2.jpg
    mill2.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 277
  • Mineral-Jig-Capacity-Sizing-Design-Table.jpg
    Mineral-Jig-Capacity-Sizing-Design-Table.jpg
    271.5 KB · Views: 277
Hello Cucho, I'm following your adventure too.
I'm new as gold refiner but not as mineral collector, this is my opinion, hope can help

The vein could still exists, for sure there are many veins carring gold around there
You have to understand how your gold come to your spot. If flakes are big the vein is not far. With far I mean a range of 1+ km. But maybe 200+ km if the gold was placed by glacier or other geological movements.
There's a lot to consider
That's the first thing u have to check on geology books of ur territory

Look for quartz rock, usually white iron stained and cristallized. Watch the territory from high spot, look at the mountains, look for depressions, sediment areas, basament and rocks color change, study the territory to have some clues.But most imporant look for texts about geology of your territory AND texts about mining operations in past on the territory all the informations can help ypu

the gold bought from meteorites, after collision with earth and being buried, was push up usually with the quartz, and these gold spot area are "dispersed" on the earth with no logical position. In millions of years these gold spots were covered by material, then some spots was partially bought to the sun (and usually concentrated in different places) by streams in millions of years,
maybe the meteorite gold spot is all the area
Scan with the detector but stay safe....

BUT maybe it's worthing for ur safe just grab the placer gold you can on ur spot.
As you reached the spot, others can....

Watch out and stay safe :)

Morris

Back