High temperature technique to recycle values from e-scrap

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MicheleM,
Are you looking for commentary? If you are, I present the following from the article itself:
"Interestingly, the Au recovery yield was reduced after the FJH process." That's where I stopped reading. Why go through the effort if you're not going to get everything out of your starting material? You need a container that can withstand the high temps. Tungsten and equivalent come to mind. You also need a Vacuum acording to the article. So, set up is EXPENSIVE...Next, after Flash heating everything, causing the charge to be contaminated with Carbon and ash, you are losing values. After all that, you STILL need to purify the charge. So, how, exactly, is this an "improvement"? I just see another convoluted way of doing the same thing as Pyrolization, milling, filtration, smelting and Electrolysis which, by the way, gives you all your values, as well as clean, pure Metal...

Hello, good morning!
Thanks for your reply, no I was not looking for commentary, as I said I linked this article for curious people about the art of recovery processes in itself. Someone could be interested indipendently by the higher costs involved.

Regards M.M.

Hello, good morning!
Thanks for your reply, no I was not looking for commentary, as I said I linked this article for curious people about the art of recovery processes in itself. Someone could be interested indipendently by the higher costs involved.

Regards M.M.
Independent of the “higher costs” of the multi billion dollar initial investment and extreme energy bills, the process is still in theoretical phase.

I find it rather sad that someone is wasting research money on reiterating a fantasy instead of refining the basal technologies involved in this process on something that’s actually within reach like CxHx to replace fractional distillation at pressure.

@Jado I guess a lot of money is flowing to anyone in the world that speak about "green things" , the next speculative bubble.

Back