• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Highgrade telecom boards

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That does not mean you should not.
Actually you could go in front and show others ho to do it correctly.

But even though NOx is not a good thing there are far more dangerous beasts out there.
Like Arsenic, Cadmium and Mercury amongst others.
These are often found in and around ores.

And another thing is that AR is far too expensive for ores.
Ores are usually leached by Cyanides, Hypochlorites and so on.

That does not mean you should not.
Actually you could go in front and show others ho to do it correctly.

But even though NOx is not a good thing there are far more dangerous beasts out there.
Like Arsenic, Cadmium and Mercury amongst others.
These are often found in and around ores.

And another thing is that AR is far too expensive for ores.
Ores are usually leached by Cyanides, Hypochlorites and so on.
I only use AR to test this ore sample, I still have no plans to do bulk. My work is mainly PCB and plating materials. I'm trying to learn more from you guys in this forum.

do you think it's an error of XRF machine?
I do not say that it couldn´t be true, but from my perspective it is very unlikely. 3,4 % Rh in sample alongside with 3,9% Pd makes it 34g of Rh per KG! And 39g of Pd per kg. Thats combined like more than 15 000 bucks for one medium-sized rock. If true.
If your XRF does not have geochemical mode, do not trust the results at all. It simply does not have capabilities to correctly read matrix you are measuring (ore sample/rock).
In what for it is ? Is it some host rock structure, quartz vein, sulfidic mineralization, ... I doubt it will contain any PMs if it is just a rock. If sulfidic vein, maybe there are some values... But even then, 34 kg of Rh per ton... That is too rich for me to be true.
In my country, the environment is not much of a concern. I'm exposed to NOX every day because it's easy and cheap, I'll probably die soon :))
Thank you for your attention, I will try to find the answer.
That isn´t very good attitude in this business :) It does not require to do that much to protect yourself and your family/neighborhood from toxic fumes and metals. NOx gasses from AR are also very-very corrosive to anything nearby - all metal things catch rust and start to decay, even stainless steel. One good whiff of that yellowish-brown gas, escaping from AR and you could end up disabled for life with lung damage.

On the other hand, pouring acids on ores is generally the worst thing you can do. Expensive, wasteful, very inefficient. Also, you are probably dealing with cadmium in that sample (if reading could be trusted), so no smelting should be done without proper scrubber - otherwise you will poison yourself and whole area around you with vaporized cadmium oxide.

I will get a proper assay of the sample. If the values are there, cost of one professional assay is nothing compared to value of the ore.

Tôi không nói rằng điều đó không thể đúng, nhưng theo quan điểm của tôi thì điều đó rất khó xảy ra. 3,4% Rh trong mẫu cùng với 3,9% Pd làm cho nó 34g Rh trên mỗi KG! Và 39g Pd trên mỗi kg. Số tiền đó cộng lại như hơn 15 000 đô la cho một tảng đá cỡ trung bình. Nếu đúng.
Nếu XRF của bạn không có chế độ địa hóa, bạn hoàn toàn không tin tưởng vào kết quả. Nó chỉ đơn giản là không có khả năng đọc chính xác ma trận bạn đang đo (mẫu quặng / đá).
Vì nó là gì? Đó có phải là cấu trúc đá chủ nào đó, mạch thạch anh, khoáng hóa sulfidic, ... Tôi nghi ngờ nó sẽ chứa bất kỳ PMs nếu nó chỉ là một tảng đá. Nếu tĩnh mạch sulfidic, có thể có một số giá trị ... Nhưng ngay cả khi đó, 34 kg Rh mỗi tấn ... Điều đó là quá giàu đối với tôi là đúng.

Đó không phải là thái độ rất tốt trong công việc kinh doanh :) này Không cần phải làm nhiều như vậy để bảo vệ bản thân và gia đình / khu phố của bạn khỏi khói và kim loại độc hại. Khí NOx từ AR cũng rất ăn mòn bất cứ thứ gì gần đó - tất cả những thứ bằng kim loại bắt đầu rỉ sét và bắt đầu phân hủy, ngay cả thép không gỉ. Một luồng khí có màu nâu vàng, thoát ra từ AR và bạn có thể bị tàn tật suốt đời với tổn thương phổi.

Mặt khác, đổ axit lên quặng nói chung là điều tồi tệ nhất bạn có thể làm. Tốn kém, lãng phí, rất kém hiệu quả. Ngoài ra, có thể bạn đang xử lý cadmium trong mẫu đó (nếu kết quả đọc được là đáng tin cậy), vì vậy không nên nấu chảy nếu không có máy chà thích hợp - nếu không bạn sẽ đầu độc chính mình và toàn bộ khu vực xung quanh bạn bằng cadmium oxit bốc hơi.

Tôi sẽ nhận được một xét nghiệm thích hợp về mẫu. Nếu các giá trị ở đó, chi phí cho một cuộc khảo nghiệm chuyên nghiệp không là gì so với giá trị của quặng.
Thank you for your help. it is really helpful for me.

Last edited:

The Anodic Rhodium Oxide Film, a Two‐Color Electrochromic System one is yellow second is olive green.
Do anybody have praktice with them ?
They are totaly invicible at XRF​

Unclearod

Just to put things in perspective - here are a couple pics of some of the very highest grade/value of boards you can find

If you had 1 - 1 & 1/2 semi truck load(s) of NOTHING BUT those boards you would have a load of boards worth around (plus/minus) a million dollars worth of boards

A semi truck load is (about) 20 tons - so you would need 20 - 30 tons of nothing but those boards to be worth a million (much let alone million(S)

nothing you have shown us comes even close to the value of these boards - in fact most of what you have shown us runs low grade to mid grade with "some" higher grade stuff - but nothing in the "highest" grade stuff like these boards

Now then - there is no question - that if you have 12 tons (of what you have pictured) you have a very fair amount of value - it's just is not worth million(s) --- not even close & that is because you have everything from the lowest grade of boards to some of the higher grade (but not highest grade) boards

now then - if you "really" want to find someone interested in buying your boards - you need to "sort" them into their different "value categories" & post a weight for each & every type/category board you have so that any potential board buyer can give you an actual (estimate) price quote of what you actually have

Let me put it this way - I can not quote you a price because in your pics you have a total mix if boards - worth 25 cent a pound - $1/# - $2/# - $3/# - $5/# - $7/# - $10/# etc. --- but I have NO idea how many pounds of each of those values you have --- so how do I give you a price quote on what you "actually" have

There is just no way to put a value on a barrel full of "mixed" boards --- they NEED to be "sorted" into there board value categories

I (& no one else) is going to quote you a telecom price on a barrel full of mixed boards because there are a few telecom boards on top of the barrel but the barrel is half full of power supply boards worth only 25 cents a pound

Right now - bases on the pics you posted - there is simply "no way" to quote a price/value on what you have because its a "total" mix of everything from the very lowest grade to "some" nice higher grade stuff

Even if you do a sort - at best you will only get an "estimate" quote --- before the buyer actually pays out - the buyer is still going want to go through your sort to make sure you did a true &/or proper sort on what you deliver

So - even after you deliver - it will take at least 2 weeks to a month before the buyer gets to & goes through your sort - to check your sort - & then pay out on your delivery

If you bring in a "mixed" load (as you have pictured) they will have to do the sort so it "may" take longer before you see your pay out - AND - they are going to charge you for doing the sorting

That is how this business works - there are no short cuts (as in - I have 12 tons of boards - they are worth millions - who wants to buy them)

Kurt
potential Buyer(s) should have privilege to inspect before offering. The photos are mildly interesting at most.

Sory it is not in English but i made this movie for my friend.
From the very begin when I try to recovery PM from them I have a problem with strange percipitation with was very tuft to mesure by XRF. I try to deplate/rafine them in very different variants of acids but allmost every time XRF shows something different and unreal.
So, I decide to try electrolysis on them and do it in few differend cathode's and electirytes.
I know how it's work to take of one by one as metal hydroxide/oxid. In this moment I can tell that my expectings about lyers was totalny different.
I know that type of boards should have thin
Rhodium lyer for convertion of signal wavelenght to 700nm. Gold on the board was given by gas method so the lyer is simply low. I think the silver was under it and i was wrong. Second lyer looks like Rhodium hydroxide but it's not. It's comming off as yellow particles but in the moment of contact with cathode is making grown and turn off to green perticipate with looks dark olive green powder. Do anybody has contact with this type of material?

Short movie to show how lyers looks like one by one. I dont exect to much of them on the front side becouse it is a multilayer PCB.
The XRF shows nothing On this green solid after simple drying. So if it was Rhodium to electrochromic lyers it can't be mesure by the XRF.

Back