• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Highgrade telecom boards

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My buyer sorts through everything and prices vary for different grade boards. If you expect an offer for everything from some pictures you will get low balled. You need to post your location as that will factor into who will be interested also.

Thanks, and my location is not important other than Southern united states. I would have to accompany the shipments for security reasons and make sure everything gets crushed, so resale of the scrap is out of question FYI to any potential buyer. There will be no snakes and or middle men playing on my field, amazing opportunity of some real money and a large ongoing supply

Unclearod said:
There will be no snakes and or middle men playing on my field, amazing opportunity of some real money and a large ongoing supply

Are you a troll or a scammer?

Right now you are just playing dumb.

You have had your answer in the very rare case your original questions where honest.

With volumes like that - go straight to the big refiners, mitsubishi, aurubis, umicore, doesn't matter, it's your deal to negotiate... Anything else - and looking for some shady middle-man is exactly what you are doing....

Or....

The boards are stolen....

By the way, thread was still a good, educational read, thanks all, especially kurt!

Unclearod said:
Kut are u familiar with bushings in motors.

You are talking about the brushes in "some" electric motors - not the bushings - & yes I am VERY familiar with those - I had an uncle that was in the electric motor repair business & when he repaired motors with those type brushes in them he threw them in buckets - after he died (something like 45 years in the business) there was something like 15 - 16 (5 gallon) buckets of them - I sent them to a refinery in Rogers MN that handled that type material - it was a nice little pay day for the estate

There is no tin in the solder

Ok - if you say so - but I know better - ALL solder on circuit boards has tin in it - it is ether tin/lead solder (older boards) or tin/antimony solder (newer boards) & in RARE cases MAY have (3 -5%) silver with the rest tin

And there is palladium in them

Are you saying the Pd is in the solder ?

If so - the answer is - NOT - Pd has a melt point about 1,100 "higher" then silver & has a cost "way higher" then silver --- so there is just absolutely NO reason to use Pd in solder (for making circuit boards)

In your first post you said

I've been around for a wile and know the value of these boards so please no lowballs

You are not the only one that has been around for a while - There are "quite a few" members here that have been in "this business" - FOR MANY YEARS - including me ----------

I spent 12 -13 years in this business - though not real big - I handled anywhere from 1 -3 tons of boards per month (depend on the month) --- I had a complete lab set up for actual refining wherein I processed only the very highest grade of stuff - the rest I shipped out to one of the companies I posted in my first post & as well had a "small" smelting set up (a furnace that held a #40 crucible) --- in that 12 - 13 years I recovered & refined several kilos of gold many, Many, MANY kilos of silver & about a kilo of Pd from the HIGH grade stuff I processed (with the VAST majority going to the companies in my first post)

Jon - the guy from England I mentioned - he handles circuit boards by the semi/shipping container full & sends them to Mitsubishi - he also has a "refining" lab for refining only the very highest grade stuff - a couple years ago I took a trip to England & spent a week with him to see his operation - impressive

silversaddle1 has been in this business from "before" this forum even got started

etack - who replied to this thread is in this business - & has been FOR YEARS

The guy that owns boardsort got his start in this business - years ago - as a result of being a member here - years ago

That is just A SMALL sample of members here - that have been in "this business" --- FOR YEARS

My point - you are NOT the smartest guy in the world & we are NOT a bunch of dummies'

There is NO question that you have a GOOD size volume of "value" - BUT - (based on your last pics) you have everything from the very lowest grade of stuff to some very high grade stuff & everything in between

Trying to pass your TONS of stuff off as ALL being the very highest of grade & being worth MILLIONS just wont fly - because most of us have been in this business - FOR YEARS

Its the reason this forum is THE VERY best place IN THE WORLD for discussing this business ----& has been FOR YEARs

therefore - I suggest that you drop your attitude - that you are smarter then everyone else & that we are a bunch of dummies --- you still have A LOT to learn --- & we are more then glad to help --------

BUT - you will get NO HELP - if you want to treat us like a bunch of dummies :!:

Do you want help or not :?:

Kurt

Unclearod said:
Here is 3 tons from just house breakdown lol, don't know why you people doubt everything. And a moto trailer full for the f of it!! Now, last chance to make an offer and then I'm on to better things. Thank u to all who gave there information and time to this post.

to put it in perspective - in those pics you have EVERY grade of board there is - from the very lowest grade of to the higher grades of boards

The third pic is a power supply board worth about 25 cents a pound - I hope you are not including that as part of you MILLIONS of dollars worth of scrap

Also there is straight up aluminum & sheet metal scrap (not circuit board scrap) I hope that is not included as part of you MILLIONS of dollars worth of circuit board scrap

Kurt

Unclearod said:

First pic - mid grade board - not high grade --- would need MANY tons to be worth MILLIONS

second pick - a bunch of sheet iron - worth about $100 per ton

third pic - no idea what kind of boards "might" be in those components - but MOST CERTAINLY not part of what is worth MILLIONS

bottom line - almost EVERYTHING you pictured - does not fit in the category of being worth MILLIONS

Kurt

Unclearod

Just to put things in perspective - here are a couple pics of some of the very highest grade/value of boards you can find

If you had 1 - 1 & 1/2 semi truck load(s) of NOTHING BUT those boards you would have a load of boards worth around (plus/minus) a million dollars worth of boards

A semi truck load is (about) 20 tons - so you would need 20 - 30 tons of nothing but those boards to be worth a million (much let alone million(S)

nothing you have shown us comes even close to the value of these boards - in fact most of what you have shown us runs low grade to mid grade with "some" higher grade stuff - but nothing in the "highest" grade stuff like these boards

Now then - there is no question - that if you have 12 tons (of what you have pictured) you have a very fair amount of value - it's just is not worth million(s) --- not even close & that is because you have everything from the lowest grade of boards to some of the higher grade (but not highest grade) boards

now then - if you "really" want to find someone interested in buying your boards - you need to "sort" them into their different "value categories" & post a weight for each & every type/category board you have so that any potential board buyer can give you an actual (estimate) price quote of what you actually have

Let me put it this way - I can not quote you a price because in your pics you have a total mix if boards - worth 25 cent a pound - $1/# - $2/# - $3/# - $5/# - $7/# - $10/# etc. --- but I have NO idea how many pounds of each of those values you have --- so how do I give you a price quote on what you "actually" have

There is just no way to put a value on a barrel full of "mixed" boards --- they NEED to be "sorted" into there board value categories

I (& no one else) is going to quote you a telecom price on a barrel full of mixed boards because there are a few telecom boards on top of the barrel but the barrel is half full of power supply boards worth only 25 cents a pound

Right now - bases on the pics you posted - there is simply "no way" to quote a price/value on what you have because its a "total" mix of everything from the very lowest grade to "some" nice higher grade stuff

Even if you do a sort - at best you will only get an "estimate" quote --- before the buyer actually pays out - the buyer is still going want to go through your sort to make sure you did a true &/or proper sort on what you deliver

So - even after you deliver - it will take at least 2 weeks to a month before the buyer gets to & goes through your sort - to check your sort - & then pay out on your delivery

If you bring in a "mixed" load (as you have pictured) they will have to do the sort so it "may" take longer before you see your pay out - AND - they are going to charge you for doing the sorting

That is how this business works - there are no short cuts (as in - I have 12 tons of boards - they are worth millions - who wants to buy them)

Kurt

Attachments

• WP_20190531_10_42_43_Pro.jpg
    WP_20190531_10_42_43_Pro.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 205
  • WP_20190531_08_33_26_Pro.jpg
    WP_20190531_08_33_26_Pro.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 203
Some more VERY high grade stuff - but again you would need a couple semi loads to be wort a million

This is the kind of stuff I would actually process --- the rest I sent out to the "board buyers" I posted links to

Kurt

Attachments

• WP_20190601_10_26_21_Pro.jpg
    WP_20190601_10_26_21_Pro.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 191
  • WP_20190601_15_15_55_Pro.jpg
    WP_20190601_15_15_55_Pro.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 190
  • WP_20190601_15_16_05_Pro.jpg
    WP_20190601_15_16_05_Pro.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 190
Don't have time right now - but tomorrow I will post (close to) actual numbers based on "some" of the material I posted pics of today - those numbers will be based on my actual processing that material & the recovery I actually got out of it

Kurt

I said I would post some numbers today on "some" of the material I processed in the pics I posted yesterday

The material I processed was 63 pounds of boards like the ones in second pic first post

from those boards I got 1.6 kg of the chips in last pic second post --- 3.5 pounds of chips

from the chips I got 52 grams of gold - or 14.85g/lb of chips

so - 52g Au/63 lb of boards = .82g Au per lb of board

with gold running (plus/minus) $1,800/ozt - or $57.87/gram Au = $47.45 per lb of board(s)

2000 lb (1 ton) of boards X $47.45/lb = $94,906.80/ton

So IF (the VERY BIG IF) you had a FULL semi truck load (20 tons) of NOTHING but those boards ----------

$94,906.80 X 20 tons = $1,898,136.00 per semi truck load

That is just the gold - based on batches of "higher" grade boards I have sent in for actual processing (1,500 - 2,000 lb batches) the silver & palladium would likely push the 1.9 million up to 2.3 - 2.5 million --- IF (the VERY BIG IF) you had a semi truck load of NOTHING but those boards (maybe 3 million with current Pd prices - my data on batches of higher grade boards - sent for processing is 5-6 years old)

Uclearod - I see VERY LITTLE if anything that comes close to the grade material I just posted

AT BEST - if you had one FULL semi load of nothing but your very best boards (based on your pics) you would then be looking at "maybe" a million in value

the problem (based on your pics) is you have a TOTAL MIX of boards from the very lowest grade to "some" very nice high grade --- the problem being you have no idea how many pound of the higher grade is in that TOTAL MIX (and you don't even have a full semi load of your TOTAL MIX)

How many pounds of power supply boards are in that mix (worth 25 cents a pound) - how many pounds of your highest grade do you have - and how many pound of the MANY other grade boards do you have

Ether sort your boards into the MANY different grades & post the weights of ALL the MANY different grades to come up with a true value --------

or send them to one of the companies I posted links to - but be prepared to be VERY disappointed in what YOU THINK you have --- because you MIX is NOT even close to a million (lets alone million(S)

Kurt

Putting it in perspective (again)

as etack said -------

I know these boards they are they are pretty but not a great return. the GP is thin and coated with a varnish. can you make money on them maybe. will you make millions no that's a fools erranded. if you had a 100,000# you would at best have $750,00-800,000 in return. odds are you dont.

Per the underlined - that is 2 &1/2 semi loads of NOTHING but the boards in you first pic(s) worth (about) 3/4 million

AND etack KNOWS what he is talking about - he has been in this business FOR YEARS - & he knows more then I do :!:

Kurt

kurtak said:
Putting it in perspective (again)

as etack said -------

I know these boards they are they are pretty but not a great return. the GP is thin and coated with a varnish. can you make money on them maybe. will you make millions no that's a fools erranded. if you had a 100,000# you would at best have $750,00-800,000 in return. odds are you dont.

Per the underlined - that is 2 &1/2 semi loads of NOTHING but the boards in you first pic(s) worth (about) 3/4 million

AND etack KNOWS what he is talking about - he has been in this business FOR YEARS - & he knows more then I do :!:

Kurt

Thanks Kurt I'm not sure that's true, but I do like math and real numbers.

The aerospace boards you showed are beautiful. I would have a hard time destroying them. Me i would love to get some like that.

There's money in this thread but thee work too.

Eric

etack said:
There's money in this thread but thee work too.

Eric

There is "no question" that Unclearod has some NICE value in what he has posted pics of

sadly he has not returned since the second (8/2/21) so he has not even read anything posted after that

one thing is for sure - though yes he has some very nice value there - it not a million let alone million(s)

Because he has not returned - we can "assume" he was just trolling (looking for dummies)

IF (The BIG IF) he should return - I would be more then glad to help him get the "best" value out of what he has (which boards to send to a board "buyer" & which boards to send to a "processor")

The aerospace boards you showed are beautiful. I would have a hard time destroying them. Me i would love to get some like that.

To be honest those were not my boards - they were Jon's boards & I processed them for Jon when I took my trip to England (which is why I have the numbers I posted)

Jon has/had A LOT of that kind of material (impressive amount really) so I suggested running a batch just to get some actual data on value/recovery

After we dropped the gold we had a guessing contest (me, Jon, Nick & Goran) on how many grams of gold was dropped - I hit the grams right on the nose (52 grams) :shock: :mrgreen:

Though I have had my fair share of boards with a few/some of those chips on them over the years - those are the first boards I have ever seen FULLY populated like that

Anyway Eric - one thing is for sure - you have been around for a long time now & you "certainly" KNOW your stuff --- it's to bad that we didn't hook up for a visit when I came through on my trip to see 4metals - I really would have liked meeting you - but then I missed meeting Lou & Ralph on that trip as well :cry:

Kurt

Kurt

Hey Kurt, I thought those boards looked familiar. You only won the contest since you cheated! I picked over the loose ceramics afterwards and took any chip where the die were still attached to the ceramics and I pulled another 1.5g of gold from those when I got back to Sweden. So your numbers are a bit low. :lol:

I'm going to bring it back to Jon next time I visit. I'll use it as an excuse to visit him again and watch all his new toys, he's been busy since our visit.

Göran

Hot damn Kurt. I’m dehydrating over here.

I picked up 5 boards (10”x10”) with those tightly packed wire wrapped pins recently. I was actually cleaning them tonight.

Some damn fine material there.

Ohiogoldfever said:
Hot damn Kurt. I’m dehydrating over here.

I picked up 5 boards (10”x10”) with those tightly packed wire wrapped pins recently. I was actually cleaning them tonight.

Some damn fine material there.

Those boards can easily be processed in ap. Sometimes the wire can have a high silver content too. Probably one of my favorites in the aftermath of foils.

I knew about the platinum plated board Jon posted a picture of and that telecom boards are "richer" than most others with respect to PMs.
That was not my question nor my claim.

But I still wanted to know, as I asked, why he excpected Rhodium and Iridium in the boards.
I have never heard of that, as I can remember at least.
There is Rhodium, mostly on elements. MLCC on this boards has class 1, lowless below 1% and have huge ammount of Pd, Ru and Rh. Connector's from board to board are Huber&Suhner (Gold over palladium nickel alloy) and the Best part on it are the power transistor's with Au, Pd, Pt, Rh and Ru.

Attachments

• IMG_20211028_140151.jpg
    7 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20211026_150417~4.jpg
    IMG_20211026_150417~4.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20220122_013704.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20211028_140241.jpg
    7.4 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20211208_143800.jpg
    7.6 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20211230_202616.jpg
    7 MB · Views: 22
Unclearod this boards are realy special and Hi-End content of Au, Pt, Pd, Rh, Ru Ir.
I have 200kg of this boards and depopulating and rafining them but now looking for buyer or big rafiner becouse of the ammount of PM on it. Send few kg of componemts from those and they are not ready after 2 months and thats why i looking for bigger rafinery. If you know something please let me know 👌

Attachments

• IMG_20210607_120315.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20210523_205456.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20210523_204922.jpg
    8.3 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20210602_202046.jpg
    9.5 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20210523_205420.jpg
    8.7 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20210610_164046.jpg