• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Highgrade telecom boards

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unclearod

Looking for a buyer. All telecom boards, gold and palladium platinum platting on both sides. Send me a price per pound offer, I've been around for a wile and know the value of these boards so please no lowballs! Also keep in mind I have tones!!! Late 90s to 2007 And a steady supply! Good opportunity for someone to make real money (Millions) I expect pay on delivery, if u don't have capital then please don't message me. Thanks

Attachments

• 20210729_133102.jpg
    20210729_133102.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 540
  • 20210730_101011.jpg
    20210730_101011.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 538
  • 20210730_101329.jpg
    20210730_101329.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 539
I know these boards they are they are pretty but not a great return. the GP is thin and coated with a varnish. can you make money on them maybe. will you make millions no that's a fools erranded. if you had a 100,000# you would at best have $750,00-800,000 in return. odds are you dont.

Eric

sp

These boards are from Mobile phone antenna filters. I have some just like them at the moment. The GP looks nice, but the components are not so good. A few bga's a gold corner or two. Thats it..

Göran has a lot of experience with this stuff..

Jon

Unclearod said:
Looking for a buyer. All telecom boards, gold and palladium platinum platting on both sides. Send me a price per pound offer, I've been around for a wile and know the value of these boards so please no lowballs! Also keep in mind I have tones!!! Late 90s to 2007 And a steady supply! Good opportunity for someone to make real money (Millions) I expect pay on delivery, if u don't have capital then please don't message me. Thanks

if you actually have "millions" of dollars worth of circuit boards & are looking for a "serious" board buyer I would suggest any one of the following companies

https://boardsort.com/

https://thinkdynamic.com/

https://irtmn.com/

I have done business with all three companies - they are all VERY fair with their pay out rates for circuit boards - as board buyers

I have only used boardsort for "small" mail in lots of things like CPUs, RAM & HD boards

On the other hand I have shipped "tons" of boards to both Dynamic & IRT

Another option would be to send your boards to this company

https://advchem.com/index.php

Watch their video on "incineration process" --- that is the process they will put your circuit boards through & then they will pay you out on the assay --- I have never used them but it is another option

Or - if you acually have "millions" of dollars worth of circuit boards (which would mean you have 10 or MORE semi truck/shipping container loads of boards) I would go directly to one of these companies

https://www.mmc.co.jp/corporate/en/business/metals/

https://pmr.umicore.com/

I believe these are the companies Dynamic &/or IRT send their boards to (at least Dynamic told me they send their boards to Japan - so I "assume" they are sending them to Mitsubishi)

Also - Jon - form England - who used to be a member here (his member user name was anachronism) sends boards by the shipping container full to Mitsubishi (one of the above links)

Anyway - If you actually have "tons" of circuit boards that are actually worth "millions" of dollars - those are likely your better/best options (at lest that I can suggest) other members may have some other suggestions

And for what it is worth - NO ONE is going to give you a price quote for "tons" of boards based on pics of a few pounds of boards on your couch in your living room

Kurt

What has lead you to assume there are Rhodium and
Iridium in electronic boards that new?

Very rarely there are found some boards with Platinum.

Palladium and silver can be found in mlcc's of high quality and maybe some other components. (Capacitors and clock chips)

Gold are mostly found in fingers and inside some chips.
Flash plated boards look impressive,
but usually do not yield any significant amount of Gold.

Most telecom boards with decent palladium content look rubbish with very little to no gold showing, I don’t have pictures but remember Jon ( anochronism ) showed me some boards which looked terrible for values but which were palladium bearing and well worth processing, note there was no palladium visible .

nickvc said:
Most telecom boards with decent palladium content look rubbish with very little to no gold showing, I don’t have pictures but remember Jon ( anochronism ) showed me some boards which looked terrible for values but which were palladium bearing and well worth processing, note there was no palladium visible .

You are correct Nick - the Pd is "inside" of different components that are on telecom boards - especially older boards (not as "plating" on the boards - but "in" components "on" the boards)

Telecom, military, & aerospace boards (especially older ones) tend to run high in Pd (& silver)

MLCCs are just one component "on" those type boards

Here is an example of components with Pd (& silver) "in" them - they look like IC chips but are not ICs

:arrow: N/S Bridge BGAs & other chip

The Pd (& silver) will be found in "other" components as well - ceramic capacitors (other then MLCCs) resistors & switches - I just don't have pics to post

Bottom line - when it comes to telecom, military & aerospace gear (especially older) it's not just gold plating &/or IC chips (gold bonding wires) that have value - those types of boards can have very little plating &/or IC chips but still run HIGH in Pd & silver

Kurt

Thank u all for your time and information. I've only got 12 tons of straight board at the moment and will have another 10 by the end of this month. It is a million dollar opportunity for the buyer! I have access to over 100tons and will have accumulated this amout with in the next year. I've been taking small things to the house to work on because of the heat so sorry about the couch pic! I'll send more asap, ill post what I have in my phone for now. Thanks again everyone!!

Attachments

• 20210801_171212.jpg
    20210801_171212.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 397
If I'm not mistaken the heat sink on the bottom is 5% graphite and 95% silver. 2inx 4inx 1/2. These are from 2001 and have alot more ranging from 95 to 2001. Also if u zoom in on the picture you can see that the solder Is of different origin than your regular silver

I knew about the platinum plated board Jon posted a picture of and that telecom boards are "richer" than most others with respect to PMs.
That was not my question nor my claim.

But I still wanted to know, as I asked, why he excpected Rhodium and Iridium in the boards.
I have never heard of that, as I can remember at least.

Yggdrasil said:
I knew about the platinum plated board Jon posted a picture of and that telecom boards are "richer" than most others with respect to PMs.
That was not my question nor my claim.

But I still wanted to know, as I asked, why he excpected Rhodium and Iridium in the boards.
I have never heard of that, as I can remember at least.

There is no Rh nor Ir in these boards. Basic low/mid end telco boards from mobile cell phone towers and such. There is tons available everywhere and always overpriced. Decent gold return and easy to recover but the thickness and excess weight on the actual pcb makes them overpriced per lb.

Unclearod said:
If I'm not mistaken the heat sink on the bottom is 5% graphite and 95% silver. 2inx 4inx 1/2.

What makes you think a heat sink would be made of silver - bottom line is that there is ABSOLUTELY NO reason to use silver for sinking heat away from the heat created during the operation/running of the circuit board

Copper &/or aluminum will do that job "perfectly fine" --- there is - NO - advantage - to using silver - for sinking heat --- therefore - why would "anyone" spend 10 times as much to make a silver heat sink when a copper or aluminum heat sink will work perfectly fine - for sinking heat :?: :?: :?:

Just NOT going to happen :!: :!: :!:

Also if u zoom in on the picture you can see that the solder Is of different origin than your regular silver

Before (about) 2007 - most solder used in electronics was a tin/lead alloy - after (about) 2007 - due to the concern of toxic lead they went to a solder alloy of 95% tin 5% antimony - IF (the BIG IF) silver solder is/was used the silver content of the solder only runs between 3 - 5% silver (MAYBE - 10%) with the rest being tin - but that is rare

as far as the yellow/gold "tint" you are seeing - that is one of two things - (1) it is the flux used during the soldering process that was not cleaned off after making the board(s) or - (2) it is a varnish coating used to prevent the tin/lead (solder) alloy from oxidizing which could cause the board(s) to fail

Kurt

To put my last post in perspective

the melt point of tin is (about) 449 degrees F

the melt point of lead is (about) 621 degrees F

the melt point of silver is (about) 1,763 degrees F

if you tried to use solder with a high amount of silver in the solder (above 3 - 5%) the melt point of the solder would be so high that you would literally burn the board up during the soldering process thereby destroying the board --- that's why - other then in "very" rare situations solder with silver in it is not used for electronics

The VAST majority of solder is ether tin/lead or tin/antimony

Kurt

Kut are u familiar with bushings in motors. Do u know that some are made 5 graph 95 silver. This is the exact same material used on these boards( and we could argue that my xrf isn't working correctly all day but I doubt it). I didn't make the board so idk y there made like that! There is no tin in the solder . And there is palladium in them. And for the other high value elements ill keep quite about. I haven't posted the other boards and will later. Kirt Maybe we can talk hydrogen cell 😁 if ur familiar with that side of things

Here is 3 tons from just house breakdown lol, don't know why you people doubt everything. And a moto trailer full for the f of it!! Now, last chance to make an offer and then I'm on to better things. Thank u to all who gave there information and time to this post.

Attachments

• 20210802_141026.jpg
    20210802_141026.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 329
  • 20210802_140622.jpg
    20210802_140622.jpg
    8.2 MB · Views: 320
  • 20210802_125223.jpg
    20210802_125223.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 314
  • 20210802_140543.jpg
    20210802_140543.jpg