• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Highgrade telecom boards

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So Mister Holy Man of E-scrap --- I want you tell me again how money is crossing my path like big foot

Because what I have just posted is a VERY SMALL example of the metals I have seen AND PROCESSED - from VERY HIGH GRADE STUFF !!!!!!!!!

Get my point Holy Man ???????

Edit to add; - in other words - you are NOT the holy man you THINK you are !!!!!

Kurt
LOL, " becouse $$$$ are crossing all of you like a BigFoot" read all post again and think about it. I mean there are materials witch looks like scrap and many of scrappers throw it to the trasch stuff. There was nothing about that you are doing nothing or dont know nothing... 🙌 I doing this like a hobby becouse I'm intrested and i like it.
If somebody tell's me the ball is not round I will tell "you are wrong" no " you are d...." and thats the biggest difference.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210308-221031.png
    Screenshot_20210308-221031.png
    464.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20220221-103650.png
    Screenshot_20220221-103650.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20220221-103716.png
    Screenshot_20220221-103716.png
    861 KB · Views: 18
In the post where we Talking about RF
Eqiupment one of as wrore "ther are mostly Cooper witch the thickness Gold plating I ever saw and no Rhodium at all" So....

Attachments

• IMG_20211026_150417~4.jpg
    IMG_20211026_150417~4.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20211028_140241.jpg
    7.4 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20211028_140151.jpg
    7 MB · Views: 18
The XRF, XRD, edERX dont show you existation of the PGM becouse its a bimetalic structure witch is changing all of the electric proporties. To mesure the contamination of PGM's in this materials you need use ASA or wet path witch depends what material you need to check.
This is hi tech. eqiupment better then simply old militarny stuff 🤸‍♀️🙃
That's not actually true. Changing the substrate does not change the behavior with XRF, just changes the algorithm used to calculate proportions. You can analyze fluids just the same as powder and prepared alloy....you just have to use curve fitting against known samples. Gravimetric analysis always wins, everything else is just a tool with well known limitations.

I'm not really part of this phallus swinging contest, I'm just here for the metals. You posted pictures of boards. I'm pretty positive I've got identical boards in my stash. Take a nice close up picture and tell me exactly what parts to assay and I will. I also happen to have some old military stuff...I'd take it anyday over modern telecom.

If somebody tell's me the ball is not round I will tell "you are wrong" no " you are d...." and thats the biggest difference.
Per the bold print - first you come on here & tell us that we don't know anything - that we need to start doing our research - because money is crossing our path like bigfoot --- NOW you have the balls to tell us we are dumb

Man - you are really something else - you just can't post something without including an insult in your post

There is NOTHING in ANY of the pictures you have posted that we have not already seen &/or for that matter processed

In other words - you ARE NOT showing us ANYTHING new &/or telling us something we don't already know

& yet you have the balls to come on this forum & tell us ------

we don't know anything - that we need to start doing our research - because money is crossing our path like bigfoot - AND - NOW tell us we are dumb

I am DONE with you - you are not teachable

Oh - wait - your not really trying to teach us - you are try to sell your stuff - but you wont post a selling price

That's because you are looking for a sucker - through email - that will pay 5 - 10 times it's true value --- &/or sell it as many times as possible - to those that contact you through email - with no intent to deliver

Which is why - just like the original poster of this thread - you have to insult us - in the hopes some sucker here - will take the bate - send you money - because if you (the sucker) don't jump on this deal ------

money will cross you path like bigfoot - & you (the sucker) will miss out on the deal of a life time

That's the reason behind the insults - it's to make a sucker believe we don't know anything - so the sucker should listen to you - AND - send you their money

You came to the wrong place to try to SCAM people !!!!!!!!!

Kurt

Man, this escalated quite far.
Do not waste your time on arguing guys, there are more useful things to do :) like actual refining or actual selling of these boards :)

LOL, " becouse $$$$ are crossing all of you like a BigFoot" read all post again and think about it. I mean there are materials witch looks like scrap and many of scrappers throw it to the trasch stuff. There was nothing about that you are doing nothing or dont know nothing... 🙌 I doing this like a hobby becouse I'm intrested and i like it.
Facts, not assumptions. Assumptions are insulting in regard to a majority of us in the relative industries, and as members of this forum. Use the search bar, I'm sure you'll find relative threads on your stockpile.

In regard to the classification of scrappers that you know of, that might be true, but that is not the same here in the states.

Although their of course will be some that don't, a majority of scrappers I know of, separate it like that, and collect it. At the least, they'll get in contact with those of us in the e-waste, resale, refining trades.

The more accurate, classification of those that just throw it away would be the general population globally. Their are many individuals that do not scrap at all, and instead just throw it away, period. There is not enough people informed of what to do, just don't care to recycle, or to learn about consumer electronics in that way.

This is a known global issue, as the amount of e-waste per year is in the range of 57 million tons, and rising.

With that said, no animosity here or in my typing. Just direct, and factual.

Man, this escalated quite far.
Do not waste your time on arguing guys, there are more useful things to do :) like actual refining or actual selling of these boards :)
You right, I'm not rafiner but simply hobbyst but before that post some big rafiner contact me and now I for the end of rafination proces. In the meantime when waiting I lern about the pirometalurgy in practice and now I done 72g od 90% Rh without using chemicals at two days after work 😁

Attachments

• IMG_20220401_115905.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20220401_115805.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 27
How do you know it has Rhodium?
Have you had a proper assay done?
I am amazed how it is rhodium everytime... Why not platinum or palladium. Not very often you find rhodium ore without any other sister metals. And not very often you find any PGM ore at all :)

But I feel like every low to mid-grade XRF can "imagine" Rh, Os, Ir and Ru while taking the spectra of any light material - like an ordinary rock. But never saw PtPd reading on the rock shot on precious metals mode.

I am amazed how it is rhodium everytime... Why not platinum or palladium. Not very often you find rhodium ore without any other sister metals. And not very often you find any PGM ore at all :)

But I feel like every low to mid-grade XRF can "imagine" Rh, Os, Ir and Ru while taking the spectra of any light material - like an ordinary rock. But never saw PtPd reading on the rock shot on precious metals mode.
do you think it's an error of XRF machine?

Attachments

• rhodium.jpg
    rhodium.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 4
What kind of samples is this?
Even an Catalytic Converter don't have this much Rhodium.
So what is it, jewelry, industrial scrap or ore?
It's an ore sample from a mine in Cambodia. I don't trust the test very much because if it was real i would be very rich. I am using AR to remove the impurities then heating it in sulfuric acid to recover Rhodium. Do you think it works? Tks for your help.

There are probably no Rh in there.
XRF error.
AR is not recommended for ores.
Acids in general are not recommended for ores because of the possibility of dangerous toxic fumes.
If you want top know what is there, get an assay done.

Since this part of the thread is located in the wrong section of the forum.
Maybe one of the moderators can do us a favor and move it to the appropriate section?

There are probably no Rh in there.
XRF error.
AR is not recommended for ores.
Acids in general are not recommended for ores because of the possibility of dangerous toxic fumes.
If you want top know what is there, get an assay done.
In my country, the environment is not much of a concern. I'm exposed to NOX every day because it's easy and cheap, I'll probably die soon :))
Thank you for your attention, I will try to find the answer.

Back