home made cupels

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AgAuPtRh

I've been reading up a bit on making my own cupels. Doesn't seem like the recipe is too hard -- or making the form to pack them.

Just wondering if any of you folks have tried this with any success and have some things to watch out for.

Mixing just the right amount of water seems like the first challenge.

Seems too that using a home made cupel just might add to few craked or broken experiments.

I'm thinking I can make a few and do some tests with just lead and no precious metal to see if I'm getting it right. I'll be doing a few things in the summer when the conditions are right to be playing around with fire and chemicals. One of my other projects will be a furnace.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Steve K

You're aaaalllllllright there Steve. Believe me -- you're a good man. I appreciate the offer -- I do however have several cupels on a shelf -- enough to hold me over while I experiment. heh heh !!!!!!

Tell you what though Steve -- to save on your idea for the newbie gift.

The first 5 newbies to post to your satisfaction are on me. I'll pay the shipping. Give me your address and I'll send a check or tell me how to send you some pay pal and I'll get that handled. ASAP.

I guess you've extended my contest to the first 5 newbies to post, No problem. I like the number 5 better than 4 anyway. GSP has already volunteered to pay the shipping. Maybe you two can split the bill. Now we really need a few unsuspecting newbies! :lol:

was I not reading the fine print again???
didn't realize it was for the first 4.

I'm willing to pitch in and help whatever way I can.

I'll make a deposit for you on your video site. Hows that sound Steve. You use it whatever way you want.

Steve K

Don't sweat it, I've got 50# of this stuff. I'll grow old trying :lol: to process it all.

Thank you, Steve,

VERY helpful reading.

I have to say that I should have been smart enough to websearch for that - I guess it's just another one of those things you just have to learn to remember to do.

Indy,

Don't sweat it, I enjoyed looking it up for you. I even saved a copy for myself. :wink:

Steve

Steve,
That's exactly what I do on the Mining Forums.

Funny, on one forum you're a 'newby' and on other forums you are 'The Crotchity Old Wisened One'. Oh well, more to learn now.

Thanks again,

Joe

JOE S (INDY) said:
Harold, the thing is that the title can't be stolen - you have to earn it one letter at a time.

Chuckle!

Well, I'm sure there's no shortage of readers that will attest-------I've done just that! I am, more or less, the resident curmudgeon.

Take Care and enjoy your Christmas!

Thanks, JOE S-------and, coming from the Scrooge I am, I extend the same to you!

Welcome to the forum, by the way. Always nice to see new faces.

Harold

Back