How to Extract Gold from Potassium Gold Cyanid

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r3arch1312

Hello to all. Im sorry if i duble post or break some rule.
Few day ago i was Buy Galvanization-Fabric and find in magazin about 100 liter of AUROLIT K10 solution fabric sealed in container 1 liter. 50lit
I find & papers with description that is for Gold Chemic Electroplating solution for Hard gold plating process.
And about 8,6 gr of gold per liter.
Question)
KAuCN
Potassium-Gold-Cynid.!
How to extract gold from Cyanid solution.. I know that is Verry-Poison materia...
Thanks for answers...

My first suggestion is to do a quick check that there actually is gold in the solution, tear off a small piece of aluminum foil and put it carefully into the solution , leave it in the solution for about 1 minute, if the solution contains gold you should see the foil has turned brown.
If this test proves the presence of gold then I would plate the gold out of solution a simple cheap and effective process that just takes time, you will not plate all the gold out so then heat the remaining solution it doesn’t have to be really hot just warm, add zinc dust and stir well, keep the solution warm and stir several times over about 15 minutes, allow to cool and do the test with foil again but leave it in the solution for about 5 minutes, if the test proves you still have gold in solution repeat the zinc process until you get a negative test.
With the zinc sediment rinse well and preferably vacuum filter it while rinsing, place in a hood and slowly add HCl to dissolve the zinc and leave the gold.
This should remove 99% of the gold which is about as good as you can get.

Thanks Man a lot... Really good explaination of cementation process.!
But, what is couse of reaction with alluminum foils?
I was also find in papirology, provided by; manufacturer of solutions for Hard Electroplaing
That technology is about 10 microns and more in tickness gold covering..
It can be seeing on processors,e.pins, conector etc...etc...
Work solution must have always:
Au = 8 - 10.0 g/l
CN = 7 - 12.0 g/l
500 conecting and 500 disconecting of pins..etc.!
I realy need to know what is couse reaction in solution to react with aluminum. and start to making
pure dark-purple gold to deposite on foil?
Does cyan react with aluminum?
because i try that sort of test on other solution, other manufacturer
originaly packaged in botles of 400 ml...
high wiskous liquid..
User manual pappers say, that liquid will be add to electrolyte bath 1ml for 1 gram of gold out from electrolyte
during electroplating...
What is that liquid?
I was put alu.foils in that and nothing...Maybe solution dont have cyan agent to react with alu..
Or it has low pH? becouse this liquid need to be add in working solution who_has cyan. in self allready!
I provide pictures of papers on my mother-language but formulas can bee wieved.
A will prowide pictures of :
Aditiv - 1
Aditiv - 2
Botled solution of 1 liter.
Papers of tech.
AND THANKS TO ALL WHO GIVE SOME HELP OR SHARE KNOWLEDGE
AM new in this :
I'm also cyber-security expert but i love chemistry and i can help if someone needs some hard to find books or similar...Thanks Man ONE MORE TIME.

Thanks man here is aditive-2 solution
it is packaged 400ml
and will be add 1ml for 1gram of gold who leave electrolytic bath
on the bottom of this plastic jar is some yellowish sediment.
not crystal...

Attachments

• aditiv2.1.jpg
    aditiv2.1.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 3
  • aditiv2.jpg
    aditiv2.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 4
Back