How to recover gold

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ab1992

I got my goal down to a liquid form before the final process and accidentally spilled it on my carpet I cleaned it up with the towel now I'm wondering if anybody knows how to get it out of both my carpet and my towel

I got my goal down to a liquid form before the final process and accidentally spilled it on my carpet I cleaned it up with the towel now I'm wondering if anybody knows how to get it out of both my carpet and my towel
This do not tell us anything.
Be more specific please.
Another thing you are not doing this inside are you?
You will poison everyone inside besides destroying your house.

I'm not doing it inside. And this is my first attempt at getting gold I was getting gold off of gold-plated bars I got it rendered all the way down to eat orange liquid the place I'm working as it happens I have carpet I spelled accidentally spilled it on the carpet and tried to clean it up with towel now it's stuck in the towel and the carpet I'm trying to get

Haha it's not but it does doesn't it 😅
Welcome to us by the way ;)

Do a stannous test to see if it has Gold in it.
If it has, wring it (with gloves) add more water to it. and wring it again.
Do this until there is no more positive stannous test.
Then you will need to evaporate down the liquid until it is back to original volume more or less.

How did you treat the Bar, Dissolved with AR?
Your description hints that you do not quite know what you are doing.

So after you have collected your material in one container, set it aside and study this:

We ask our new members to do 3 things.
1. Read C.M. Hokes book on refining jewelers scrap, it gives an easy introduction to the most important chemistry regarding refining.
It is free here on the forum: Screen Readable Copy of Hoke's Book
2. Then read the safety section of the forum: Safety
3. And then read about "Dealing with waste" in the forum: Dealing with Waste

Suggested reading: The Library

Forum rules : https://goldrefiningforum.com/threads/gold-refining-forum-rules.31182/post-327766

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you're wearing gloves while doing this.
You can cut out the wet part of the carpet and rinse that if the solution tests positive for gold.
No solution got in to the floor?

You say god plated bars, where did those come from?

Back