Hydrogen Peroxide Type

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldmelts

HI all,

I have purchased 12% peroxide from a hair supply shop. I will dilute it with 300% water to get 3%. There are additional ingredients in the mix. Does anyone know if they will cause an issue with the AP process?

All the ingredients are:
Purified water
Hydrogen Peroxide
Cetearyl Alchohol
Glycerin
Sodiumlauryl Sulfate
Phosphoric Acid

Thank everyone :)

hi lino,

So would the AP process still work? Which ingredient will produce the foaming?

What type of peroxide do other members use? What ingredient are in their working AP peroxide?

The sodium lauryl sulfate is a common wetting agent and might cause foaming, but I doubt it. It is commonly used in hair conditioners.

Ummm,

I'm not Lou "A hell of a chemist" but I would say stay away from this. If for the only reasonbeing, I'm sure at some point you will mix your wastes.

H2O2 is like a $1 at walmart for a quart. if not less.

I'm sure Harold would agree, KISS, why add more unknown variables, when you can just do it right the first time.

I worry about #1 the glycerin. #2 the alcohol.

Both very non-forgiving chems when they are mixed with certain acids.

I'm sure I'm wrong, but it is just my opinion.

Good Luck

Nick

Well. I have already bought it, so....hmmm.

I'm not in the US so no walmart, I'm in Australia, bit harder to find the stuff that is pure.

Hope it works

Thanks for your input GSP, nitronick and lino.

Anyone else know if the ingredients may cause issues?

Goldmelts,

You an get 3% from the chemist off the shelf. A bit pricey but if you only want a small amount to play around with then give it a shot.
It's about $5-6 for about 25-350ml i think.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I have already bought it, so all I can do is give it a go in a small test amount. Only way to see what happens.

Does anyone have any contacts for ordering 50% that doesnt require outrageous hazmat shipping?
The industrial stuff for circuit etching/plating? a PM would be best on this..
GSP im looking in your direction...:)

Latest posts

Back