I have no clue what I am doing and need help

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Due to the grainy photo, what I see is either a piece of unidentified rock, or a piece of ceramic, that you heated with an oxygen acetylene, and some flux. Another book that tells you what you may have, is Dana's textbook of mineralogy. Without a Phd., this may be a little over your head.

Due to the grainy photo, what I see is either a piece of unidentified rock, or a piece of ceramic, that you heated with an oxygen acetylene, and some flux. Another book that tells you what you may have, is Dana's textbook of mineralogy. Without a Phd., this may be a little over your head.
Maybe look at the picture first?
It is a long piece of square white metal resting on top of a ceramic soldering block or something like that.
Aluminium fits perfectly, but with no more info I can not tell.

The picture Iridium gt posted is a round button with slag on either rock, or clay. I see nothing resembling an Aluminum bar in it. Dunno, maybe we are scrutinizing 2 different photos?

Thank you for the warning not to melt it. I have a similar problem. I was thinking of trying to melt some of my mixture untill I saw your reply.

Back