In agreement

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldmember123

galenrog, acpeacemaker, Nickvc, jimdoc, and frugalRefiner-Dave...Thank you guys ! I know your giving me advice that can save my life and the life of others. Im going to put my gold flakes and sludge away in glass containers with lids and im not gonna use acid untill i know more about the safety i must use to handle acid. And when i think im ready ill go over the safety procedures with you guys and you can let me know if i passed and then you guys can let me know if i have enough knowledge to handle acid safely !

I'm glad warnings have reached you and caused you to re-think your ways.
To help you on your way, re-read your posts from day one, and all the warnings and advice you got in them.
You will also understand a lot of info you have missed before, just because of not understanding the fine details given.
You had gold fever, not seeing the warning signs along the way! Like many others.
Good to hear you're finally on the safety page and backing of from the quicksand just in time, I sure hope.
And don't just mind your own safety, but also your legacy for this world.>
proper environmentally responsible, waste treatment and disposal!!

Your study may result in stopping this E-waste recovery hobby all together, no money to be made there. great for acquiring knowledge and experience, to go to the next step: refining carat scrap.

A lot of electronics have nickel in them under the gold plating or in some other way.
All nickel salts cause cancer! Vapors and air born droplets are not stopped by a glove or goggles.
Proper fume extraction and closing beakers and reducing air bubbles splashing up from electrolytical baths or air bubble AP baths. And that's just nickel. The rest ain't orange juice either.

Think about everything you're doing. And exposing you or family and friends to by contaminating the little droplets, glove stains to door knobs, surfaces and so on.
Do you sometimes use that spray bottle without gloves and sometimes with gloves? > RISK!
Small things like that add up until it's too late.

You can swim with sharks, just be really carefull.
Be safe!

Martijn.

Have you seen a physician about the acid burns and the lung exposure. If not, DO IT NOW. If the damage is superficial, then the body will heal. If not, permanent damage will result if untreated, if not already done. The lung damage may not show symptoms for weeks, but proper scans will show problem areas if damage is significant.

Damage to the hands, if sulfuric acid, could cause serious harm long after the skin has healed. Loss of hand up to elbow is extreme, but possible.

I showed you pics to my favorite ER physician. He is concerned, and gave me the extreme possibilities.

Time for more coffee.

Wow im taking extreme cuation for now on and i am done with scrapping electronics ! Thank you for the advice !!!

Back