Information wants to be free

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

butcher

Staff member
To me it seems a bit childish in my view, to have to use curse words to make a point or try to highlight one, I think that only diminishes the point your trying to get across, and add nothing to the forum conversations...

The language and tone is going too far towards the edge, sure we have some stress, but we do not have to overreact and make things worse. We can handle it like grownups.

There are plenty of forums to discuss or argue different religions and politics, or just about anything else , they may find cussing something they enjoy on their forum commonplace and without control, here we are above that, we come here to learn and share information on gold refining, we do not come here to cuss and discuss religion politics or conspiracy theories, go to those other sites for that I am sure they will welcome it and be glad to hear your rants there. Lets be gentlemen here and stick to our forums topic.

I just do not think we need to discuss bullshit on the forum unless you just like stepping into it.

Yggdrasil

To me it seems a bit childish in my view, to have to use curse words to make a point or try to highlight one, I think that only diminishes the point your trying to get across, and add nothing to the forum conversations...

The language and tone is going too far towards the edge, sure we have some stress, but we do not have to overreact and make things worse. We can handle it like grownups.

There are plenty of forums to discuss or argue different religions and politics, or just about anything else , they may find cussing something they enjoy on their forum commonplace and without control, here we are above that, we come here to learn and share information on gold refining, we do not come here to cuss and discuss religion politics or conspiracy theories, go to those other sites for that I am sure they will welcome it and be glad to hear your rants there. Lets be gentlemen here and stick to our forums topic.

I just do not think we need to discuss bullshit on the forum unless you just like stepping into it.
??? Are this directed to me?
I can not recall using any bad language.
Can you elaborate please?

butcher

Staff member
We all have frustration here, Angie may be to scarred to read her emails, if she felt threatened by members, Admin may be wondering what trouble he got into and are these guys going to come hunt me down, I guess those Texans just aint what they used to be.

butcher

Staff member
My reply's are not directed towards any one, just my feeling on the matters.

I have noticed the language of some of the forum members has degraded lately .

Heck we are having enough trouble now, for us to degrade to cussing and fussing over politics or religion and arguing for its sake because we are frustrated will not lead us anywhere but to more problems.

I am sure you all agree.
Or am I the only one who does not wish to go down that hole.

butcher

Staff member
Yes it doesn't take us much, we are all kind of jumpy now, with everything going on around us, but if we can all calm down and work together there is nothing we cannot do if we set our minds to it.

Worry is only a mind in the dark trying to fix things in the dark, getting further into the darkness, we do not need to worry just wake up out of this darkness, and not fear the unknown.

niks neims

Well this thing needs to be handled in business-like time-frame.

From my perspective - admins / angie digging in, keeping their mouths shut and letting questions and worries linger - in hopes members will forget this disaster and carry on - that just adds insult to injury ;/
I mean if they ever hope to spin it in positive light - absentee, uninterested amateur administration (owner) replaced with professional, active one with motivation, vision for future - stalling ain't the way to go about it ;/

nickvc

I have so far refrained from comment on these new developments on the forum and I will continue to do so until I either feel I can trust or distrust the new owner, any information or help I have ever given was done so freely with no intention of profiting from it personally .
This is new for us all including the new owner so let’s just chill and see what happens over the next few weeks before jumping either way.
As to the way Noxx did this is anyone really shocked he had little to no interest in the forum for years but at the end of the day it was his to do with as he pleased and perhaps the offer was just too good to refuse.
Let the dust settle, visit the forum, read and post as usual give the new guy a chance, we have some highly intelligent people here on the forum and fooling them will not be easy if things go the wrong way.

Elemental

Good Morning,

Normally, I wouldn't chime in on a conversation that is full of the seniors on the forum, but as network engineer, I thought I could at least offer a bit of help in ensuring the information at hand isn't lost and advise others of how to do the same. I would recommend that anyone who wishes too, simply create a copy of the forum. I used a piece of free software called HTTrack HTTrack Website Copier - Free Software Offline Browser (GNU GPL) and simply downloaded the entire forum to my local computer. It's was only 3.38 GB of data, and while the new forum seems to lack many of the attachments posts had, I have been able to use this to continue my research off-line as the text and imbedded images are still there.

While this doesn't solve any issues about collaboration, it would help ensure that the information is preserved and accessible. If anyone would like more specific instructions on how to do this, please feel free to send me a PM.

Elemental

cosmetal

To the best of my knowledge, no one has ever made any sort of threat to anyone from the "Service". Nor has anyone ever used profanity in discussing the "Service". I know that I haven't. But, maybe I was "asleep at the wheel" when someone else discussed the "Service" in an uncivilized manner.

In my opinion, Texans usually aren't "fraidy cats" hiding from a little "thunder". They are also usually very courteous to strangers (really!). And that Texan courtesy includes a "proper" introduction to strangers even if they think those strangers are nothing but "squatters" on their newly bought "ranch" property. I don't need to explain what a "proper" introduction is. They should know, already.

James (still retired, still bored and it's still raining). 😁

PS -
the smiley face is for you, @Angie so you aren't afraid of this Northern Californian (which no one in the rest of the USA usually is - they just make fun of us here on the "Left Coast" Boo-hoo! 😂

4metals

Staff member
Angie is answering questions for moderators, so don’t think she is avoiding any of your questions. If it will make you feel more comfortable, PM me and I will pose your questions to Angie or Admin and when I get an answer I will both PM you and post your question and the answer in a new thread.
Judging from their responses after the original mis steps, I believe we can get back to what we have all come to consider normal.

Topher_osAUrus

Butcher, thank you for replying. I can see where you are coming from, and can appreciate that avenue of thought.

He, er Angie, probably does view us who have spoken up about any discretion and disrespect as 'hostiles'. Wrongly so...as it is more closely resembles a parent protecting their baby. That is what this place is, to me anyway. We have all put in some love and devotion here.. put in words (good and bad), and put in time to see this place grow and mature (mostly) into something big and beautiful. There is no other place with this amount of information on the subject... sure, there are a couple hundred books on the subject, and I have a majority of them, but this is different, this is a curated (i hate that word) personal library, containing all those books of information in sweetened condensed form. A consortium of those envolved, spanning the globe.

I have never known a more logical and rational group of people. That being said, I don't believe any here to be nefarious enough to do anything to Angie. That'd be beyond insane... over a forum. ...we the people (i don't speak for everyone, obviously) just want to know about current and past business practices, as well as future intents for their business (2 year game plan, or what-have-you)

Personally, I want to know more because I am on the fence. I dont want to add more time to this once sacred place, if its just going to get wrung out for every dime its worth....or on the other hand, if it is going to be the true library Angie has promised .. ...but forgive my distrust of the internet peoples, i mean, as far as I know, angie could be Poe 🤯 ...or someone with far worse and more self centered plans

cosmetal

Angie is answering questions for moderators, so don’t think she is avoiding any of your questions. If it will make you feel more comfortable, PM me and I will pose your questions to Angie or Admin and when I get an answer I will both PM you and post your question and the answer in a new thread.
Judging from their responses after the original mis steps, I believe we can get back to what we have all come to consider normal.
Greetings, 4metals. Good to hear from you!

Give those "Texans" a refresher course in good 'ole Northeastern USA manners.

Peace and health,
James

butcher

Staff member
Topher, I agree, with you and most members here, we need answers and they need some time to gathers our questions and get their wits and backbone together.

I believe if it was Dr, Poe I would recognize his modem of operation, Dr. Poe was a very smart man, and a very good conman.

I do believe this forum means so much to the members that made it what it has become, that we can easily become overly suspicious about the new owners, and their actions and silence, has only compounded the fears.

Let us give this a little more time, to get more answers before we decide if we want to talk or walk, lets not jump the gun any more, lets work on, working it out.

We have too much at stake to make mistakes, by reacting in the dark.

I also believe the worlds events around us are effecting some of this distrust, and possibly some of our reaction's to what is happening here with the forum.

Lets sit back and observe to see, before we overreact, so our action is not wasted, and we do not create more problems to deal with.

The truth will reveal itself, and we will have clearer minds, and a clearer path to follow.

Seeing a perceived unknown battle in the far distance, the soldiers going out of control or out on limbs and shooting off all their bullets into the air (at the far distant ghosts), with the target so far out of range, they would run out of bullets, and create more chaos and confusion among the ranks, before they ever see any real action, and when the time came they would not have any weapons or ammunition, or common sense left to maintain peace or to win a battle.

Lets get our questions gathered, maintain our self control and get those answers we seek,

Last edited:

Nugget

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
To the best of my knowledge, no one has ever made any sort of threat to anyone from the "Service". Nor has anyone ever used profanity in discussing the "Service". I know that I haven't. But, maybe I was "asleep at the wheel" when someone else discussed the "Service" in an uncivilized manner.

In my opinion, Texans usually aren't "fraidy cats" hiding from a little "thunder". They are also usually very courteous to strangers (really!). And that Texan courtesy includes a "proper" introduction to strangers even if they think those strangers are nothing but "squatters" on their newly bought "ranch" property. I don't need to explain what a "proper" introduction is. They should know, already.

James (still retired, still bored and it's still raining). 😁

PS -
the smiley face is for you, @Angie so you aren't afraid of this Northern Californian (which no one in the rest of the USA usually is - they just make fun of us here on the "Left Coast" Boo-hoo! 😂

Good day @cosmetal. I'll try to start answering some questions with you. The uncivilized was in PM. But that is over and was not you, so that is okay.
And I waited a day too long in doing any introduction as I was still expecting Jean/Noxx to do so since he had done a brief introduction in mod forum.
I appreciate the smile and I lived in Sacramento at one time. I was born at Travis AFB.

I have only been doing settings and answering mods for a few days as I was watching and learning more.

Nugget

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Butcher, thank you for replying. I can see where you are coming from, and can appreciate that avenue of thought.

He, er Angie, probably does view us who have spoken up about any discretion and disrespect as 'hostiles'. Wrongly so...as it is more closely resembles a parent protecting their baby. That is what this place is, to me anyway. We have all put in some love and devotion here.. put in words (good and bad), and put in time to see this place grow and mature (mostly) into something big and beautiful. There is no other place with this amount of information on the subject... sure, there are a couple hundred books on the subject, and I have a majority of them, but this is different, this is a curated (i hate that word) personal library, containing all those books of information in sweetened condensed form. A consortium of those envolved, spanning the globe.

I have never known a more logical and rational group of people. That being said, I don't believe any here to be nefarious enough to do anything to Angie. That'd be beyond insane... over a forum. ...we the people (i don't speak for everyone, obviously) just want to know about current and past business practices, as well as future intents for their business (2 year game plan, or what-have-you)

Personally, I want to know more because I am on the fence. I dont want to add more time to this once sacred place, if its just going to get wrung out for every dime its worth....or on the other hand, if it is going to be the true library Angie has promised .. ...but forgive my distrust of the internet peoples, i mean, as far as I know, angie could be Poe 🤯 ...or someone with far worse and more self centered plans

Hi @Topher_osAUrus
I do feel a bit hesitant with a few of the posters here, but I'm working on understanding your point of view and only viewing you as a very concerned member.

And someone did go off, but by PM.
The 2 year plan? I see it as a just going forward plan. In two years, we hope to have the forum being a good place for members, having a few ads that are shown mostly to logged out. We have a Supporting Membership which is purely voluntary, and members can still post, reply and have private messages if they do not become a Supporting Member. The financials are a long term outlook. And then the owner (Admin) will not make a killing.

Who is Poe? The only one I know wrote "The Raven" and such things.

Nugget

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well this thing needs to be handled in business-like time-frame.

From my perspective - admins / angie digging in, keeping their mouths shut and letting questions and worries linger - in hopes members will forget this disaster and carry on - that just adds insult to injury ;/
I mean if they ever hope to spin it in positive light - absentee, uninterested amateur administration (owner) replaced with professional, active one with motivation, vision for future - stalling ain't the way to go about it ;/

I was not responding for a bit as I had to learn a bit more about the forum by reading and seeing your posts. I reacted too quickly early on to one person with 3 personalities posting and it threw me off. So, at one point I said I would learn from the mods and only do the help actions for a bit. That is what I've been doing. The mods have been referring to some things that need a setting tweaked and such things as that. I have been doing those things.

I do not expect to be overly involved, but I do hope to post a reply here and there on various posts that I find interesting.

Nugget

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think they may have been overwhelmed by our responses.
Maybe the forums they have overtaken before have had younger more insecure participants or participants with less energy invested in the forum.
Since the do not disclose much information they leave us to guess.
And guessing while in a situation of desperation may led to atypical behaviour among otherwise good balanced persons.
Which in turn may create conspiracy theories without base in reality.

Maybe I'm wrong but there you see....
Me too 😏

I was overwhelmed by a tri personality. But I hope to work with you and I'll check my PMs to see what I did not answer. I stopped looking at them for a bit.

Nugget

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I have not gone back all the way on this thread, but I will be back later today to check on replies and read more of the earlier part of the thread to see if I am missing anything. Then I will be giving more of the information requested in those posts.

acpeacemaker

Butcher I agree with you to a point,

Even though there is a 90% chance this message doesn't go through. I'm still going to write it.

Being muted is one thing. Having messages of warning written. Links of proof showing this isn't the only forum amongst a dozen that was on the onslaught. Deleted.

I delivered several links of other forums with all the same cries. The same computation. The same aftermath of what Ralph even called the machine.

Did I post it to spread worry or fear. No not exactly. I posted it for my brothers to gain the knowledge of what I found. To have a better understanding of what's going on. Because that's what this forum is about. Knowledge. Great minds. And a friendship to a family that I've always cherished. Even with some that we only talk every other year.

Those links were all deleted within 5 mins of posting. I was muted.

If you weren't able to see the links I posted. There was one in particular. It gave a very in depth outcome and why they do and did what they have.

The machine:

The link I posted described their actions already done to others in the exact manners and forms.

She said in the beginning it was better to do the transition all up front without warning because they have found its always has been an easier thing. -The way it was said was only to be in their favor. Meaning they testified freely they have already done this to others.

Then said the forum's security was outdated so they switched to "their" platform. -also the same line to other forums.

Then when the uproar happens the old members give their thoughts and leave. -also same in other forums.

They don't care. Because when the ranking of Google is set high enough, ad placement is in their favor.

Then you have the forum donations changed. Except now it's a membership of crap. She changed that in a day. I would think something like that would be thought about if you are on a subject you know nothing about? But nope. Why? Because it's already in that agenda. -also done to other forums taken over.
Other forums donation buttons all
were handled the same way.

I have been asked by several people this.. So if all that fails then how do they benefit?

Simple. It becomes part of a collection ownership of advertisement. If you own a forum software with no forums using it. How are you going to say it's a good software to use? It's what we know best as a monopoly.

Also, if you look up best forum softwares to use for 2021. They are not on the list. Which is why they have to buy people out to try and gain recognition in that industry.

The proof is there. We can have high hopes all we want and i'll stand with each and everyone of you. I just hope you aren't in denial of the track record of this entity.

Why is all this info scattered amongst several of their forums. Done in the exact same way? Because it's this entities battle plan. A harvest.

I understand you guys want to hold on and hopefully see a good outcome. But please don't let that blindside what's really happening. I pray for everyone here it works out. But the proof that remains shouldn't go unnoticed.

You guys have said in the past we shouldn't just have something to say on something unless we actually have something that benefits others. This is one topic I know in and out like the backs of my hands.

Love you guys,
Andrew
Just a white hat hacker
Aka acpeacemaker

Latest posts