iron ore containing rhodium and palladium

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good morning friends, who can make me a reliable Nis analysis, I have residues from past platinum refining product that still contains PGM, but I need to establish its total content.
I was told that BASF once charged $1000 but you must bring one thousand pounds of ore to be analyzed to Utah. This is NIS related I do believe. Contact them. They will then buy ore from you if your source is legitimate.

I was told that BASF once charged $1000 but you must bring one thousand pounds of ore to be analyzed to Utah. This is NIS related I do believe. Contact them. They will then buy ore from you if your source is legitimate.
I think this has to be a misunderstanding.
There should not be any reason to bring more than a few well mixed grams for any assay, is there?
30-100 grams should do it?
Pleas correct me if I'm wrong.

I think this has to be a misunderstanding.
There should not be any reason to bring more than a few well mixed grams for any assay, is there?
30-100 grams should do it?
Pleas correct me if I'm wrong.
Call them if you have ore to sell or find out if you can have a separate NIS also. Talk to them, not me. An NIS Assay tests for many things that affect its use by the refinery, it's disposal of arsenic or other toxic components but a 100 gram sample would be insufficient for all of the tests.

Last edited:
Cool I will try that now that a have a good bit to try with. I know a couple said XRF was bad about giving false readings. I'm not saying they don't but ...the model that I used which wasn't mine was like a 30,000 dollar tool...... you would think it wouldn't give false readings, and I had it done by 2 different people like 5 days apart. Same tool but....just seems very unlikely for me to get same exact results using a 30000 dollar tool.....is this thread really about me confirming to the umpteenth degree I have rhodium ore, or wasn't I asking how to just get the rhodium out.... just sayin, let's assume that the rf wasn't wrong....is there any affordable way I can process this? Myself preferably, or time efficient manner I can process it? Do I just grind it all and pan it all? I do thank yall for the advice on assassins and such. But assuming it comes out as positive again, next step?
I am learning to smelt and recover metal from platinum group ore and my ore is loaded with powdered metal so catch what you pan and see if you also have powdered metal. The heaviest will be on the bottom.

I recently thought i found gold, i had it XRF scanned and it returned 80-90% Fe and 10-20% Rh (avg from 5 rocks) it also had a very small amount of palladium. I did not know what RH was so i aid damn and took my rocks home, then a dy later i read how valuable Rh is and what Rh is. And i remembered the scans, i did not trust the scans to be done by the same person, and knowing the mind can trick itself i had the scans done a 2nd time on same rocks. so i schedules scans for a different person and he got the same results.

i have more of these rocks many more almost identical to the ones i had tested....my problem is i can find anyone who will process the ore. But i have double verified by XRF scanner good amounts of Rh. one of the rocks weight 20 pounds alone. so if it has 10%...2 lbs, thats half a million dollars right? So here i am sitting on possibly millions, and i cant get it out of the rock?? Ive called several so called noble metal refineries, none will/can do it.
If you don't mind sharing... Where does 9ne find such rocks?

If you don't mind sharing... Where does 9ne find such rocks?
Read the rest of the thread please.

I have ran into same thing I had tested by 3 rf machines for rh I did not know what rh was either .after finding how much it's worth.had it checked on rf lab stationary also positive carried to uga rock show they look at oral and were in trance setting looking for and hour said could not be positive but looked like it to him.rh has been found within 50 miles of here by 2 diff people their retired now.i have ran every test on you tube lol I could possibly do at home.i just want to know who should.i send it to to confirm it one way are the other what lab.i been trying to prove it's not real for 2 years everything and everywhere I took it says yes .where do I take to let me know for sure. And do I know someone is or lab is for real. Asking please for advice I'm retired already can drive it myself to anyone can help Scott cochran my number is ********** call for info you might need to help

Edited by moderator.
Misformated so it gave wrong impression.
Second edit: removed number, use conversation or mail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scott!!
Fix your post now!
You have made your post in a way it seems like I have quoted it.

Edit:
Fixed the post.

Last edited:
I have ran into same thing I had tested by 3 rf machines for rh I did not know what rh was either .after finding how much it's worth.had it checked on rf lab stationary also positive carried to uga rock show they look at oral and were in trance setting looking for and hour said could not be positive but looked like it to him.rh has been found within 50 miles of here by 2 diff people their retired now.i have ran every test on you tube lol I could possibly do at home.i just want to know who should.i send it to to confirm it one way are the other what lab.i been trying to prove it's not real for 2 years everything and everywhere I took it says yes .where do I take to let me know for sure. And do I know someone is or lab is for real. Asking please for advice I'm retired already can drive it myself to anyone can help Scott cochran my number is ********* call for info you might need to help

Edited by moderator.
Misformated so it gave wrong impression.
Please edit your text, it makes no sense!

Back