Is it a mistake Ratio?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can I used, 20% hydrochloric acid to 65% nitric acid?? I'd try It once but, it makes bubbles and , Didnt get the exact Volume of gold that I'd expected. Hope there's some one who can comment below if I have a mistake. Thanks

Attachments

• video_20211206_071233.mp4
    8.8 MB
Yes, you could.
Most reactions will bubble.
Most miners hardly ever pan as much gold as they expect to. The chemist may not precipitate as much as they expect, both know how to test the results to find any gold that they may have lost or missed, and know how to correct their methods, or they just learn not to expect too much (well at least not be too disappointed because of their over expectations of the calculations).

I suggest doing some research on using HCl and sodium hypochlorite (bleach), to dissolve the fine flakes of gold, with a little heat you can easily remove the oxidizer in solution (Chlorine gas), setting up your gold ions for precipitation from the solution.

Overuse of acids, normally in using aqua regia (mainly with using way too much nitric acid) can be a difficult problem for newcomers to overcome.

You should get back as much gold as you put in. If you do not know how much you put in, well then the norm is to expect more gold than there is, it is like seeing specks of gold cracks of bedrock in the bottom of the river bed, or seeing the flakes of gold in quartz rock or eying the gold on a circuit board it always looks like more.

Do you have some stannous chloride or some crystals of ferrous sulfate reagents, they can help you follow your gold when you can no longer see it.

Yes, you could.
Most miners hardly ever pan as much gold as they expect to. The chemist may not precipitate as much as they expect, both know how to test the results to find any gold that they may have lost or missed, and know how to correct their methods, or they just learn not to expect too much (well at least not be too disappointed because of their over expectations of the calculations).

I suggest doing some research on using HCl and sodium hypochlorite (bleach), to dissolve the fine flakes of gold, with a little heat you can easily remove the oxidizer in solution (Chlorine gas), setting up your gold ions for precipitation from the solution.

Overuse of acids, normally in using aqua regia (mainly with using way too much nitric acid) can be a difficult problem for newcomers to overcome.

You should get back as much gold as you put in. If you do not know how much you put in, well then the norm is to expect more gold than there is, it is like seeing specks of gold cracks of bedrock in the bottom of the river bed, or seeing the flakes of gold in quartz rock or eying the gold on a circuit board it always looks like more.

Do you have some stannous chloride or some crystals of ferrous sulfate reagents, they can help you follow your gold when you can no longer see it.
Hey, boss I only Extracting AuSn solder part, of The computer, I sample 20grams, of It and I extracted 5grams of pure gold. 99.9, because I used onle 20% Hydrochloric acid. So For real, I want to try It again,but I'm afraid to loose again a lot of gold. So boss, may I procced another Expirement using this HCl 20%? Is it 3 n 1 also? 3parts of HCL 1 PART HNO?

Yes, you could.

Master I dont have Stanous chloride its hard to find Tin powder right here. But My item was Tin And Gold solder how can I get off the tin and make it stanous chloride?thanks for the help.

If you have the 20/80 alloy clean and dissolve what can be dissolved in HCl.
You have stannous, seat it aside until needed and use to test.
Diluted like this, it will have a shorter shelf life, but will still hold a few months.
Out of curiosity, where did you find 20/80 Sn/Au solder on a computer part?

If you have the 20/80 alloy clean and dissolve what can be dissolved in HCl.
You have stannous, seat it aside until needed and use to test.
Diluted like this, it will have a shorter shelf life, but will still hold a few months.
Out of curiosity, where did you find 20/80 Sn/Au solder on a computer part?
Its easier to, Clean the the gold from silver not like from the tin.. Its hard to get it off the tin for real.

Rock Boulders,

Something is not clear with your description of what you have or are working with, it may be due to a language problem, an alloy of gold and tin is not normally found in electronic scrap that I know of except for maybe contact switches or relay contact points, there may be some gold dissolved in tin solder through wetting, but otherwise, I really do not understand you working with an alloy of gold and tin when normally dealing with electronic scrap.

!s this an alloy of gold or are we discussing solder on electronic scrap?

You want to dissolve tin or get it soluble enough to separate it from the gold without dissolving the gold, if you put both tin and gold in solution together at the same time you will lockup that portion of your gold in a colloidal solution called Purple of Cassius, making recovery of that gold extremely hard to get, and you also cannot test for the gold locked up in that colloidal solution when it is there.

Rock Boulders,

Something is not clear with your description of what you have or are working with, it may be due to a language problem, an alloy of gold and tin is not normally found in electronic scrap that I know of except for maybe contact switches or relay contact points, there may be some gold dissolved in tin solder through wetting, but otherwise, I really do not understand you working with an alloy of gold and tin when normally dealing with electronic scrap.

You want to dissolve tin or get it soluble enough to separate it from the gold without dissolving the gold, if you put both tin and gold in solution together at the same time you will lockup that portion of your gold in a colloidal solution called Purple of Cassius, making recovery of that gold extremely hard to get, and you also cannot test for the gold locked up in that colloidal solution when it is there.
Yes master, it is my bad because I am not realy good to speak English, but what I mean is I have an 80ah20sn combination of alloy, I did experiment the 20 grams of this scrap and I think I did a mistake I only recover 5.9grams of pure gold of 20grams of AuSn alloy, yes it is a part of electronics scrap. And only electronic Engrs. Knows about it.. how can I get rid of this tin successfully? Im trying to extract 300grams of this Ausn alloy. The owner of this expecting about 200grams of Pure gold. Thankyou for the help master

Rock Boulders,

Master, can This alloy AuSn can be put in Aqua regia solution? Or there is another way to extract it?

Rock Boulders,

Master should I used aqua regia or just delute hydrochloric acid?to dissolved the tin

There has been a lenghty discussion lately on the same topic.
There are many ways to do it.
It comes down to how much material you have.
Dissolve the tin in Muriatic, (less than 300 peso pr gallon)
Then dissolve the gold in AR, if and only if the tin is gone.
If you can get it in powder/foil shape you can dissolve it in HCl peroxide or HCl bleach.
Tin will not create problems then.

Regards Per-Ove

Back