• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

ISO refiner near Seattle for small job

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimJangles

Forgive me for the huge triple post

So first a little preface or story.

Skip down to the TLDR if you don't care about my ramblings.

My parent passed and I inherited a little jewelry. Sorting through all the costume jewelry I found a little bit of gold. I proceeded to read about refining online until I found you wonderful intelligent folks. I was going to refine it myself but damn I'm always pumped to do it until I get off work and subsequently lose what energy I had.

So I work at a shipping company so I didn't want to buy a crucible online as I see how packages are treated.(also my gold testing kit was spilled everywhere cause of rough handling) Then I found it, the potato method! I made. 30isb grams of 12k-18k buttons and regretfully sold them.

Now I have the last of my gold buttons after melting jewelry that was probably worth more before I melted, bit damnit it's awfully fun to get that molten gold rolling around in that potato.

TLDR:

I Have 15 grams of gold buttons I made ranging from 13/14k-17/18k ( I'm not perfect with gold test stone)

Also about 250 grams of 925 silver, the gold is much more important to me to get refined but maybe someone could do both?

From what I've gleaned from reading this great forum maybe someone could either take a % of my gold and silver to do this for me? I think I would rather pay a toll as I want all the refined gold, but I will do what I have to.

Also I would prefer someone locally that I could drop it off, but I guess I could ship it to someone.

Back