ISO someone to refine my Klondike Gold for wedding rings

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tylerw

Friends,

I have a unique situation here. I need to refine an ounce of gold that I recovered off of the bottom of the ocean in Alaska. However, when I have approached larger refiners, I was unable to secure a promise that my gold would not be put into a larger batch and watered down. I am looking for someone who is willing to take historic gold that I recovered and refine it down into raw materials enough to make my wedding rings out of. I don't know how hard this is but would love to find a person who is able to take raw placer gold and make pure raw materials out of it. Thank you in advance for your assistance friends.

There are quite a few members here that could handle the job, though one ounce is a small amount to work with. I would guess someone will be in touch with you.

Dave

If its easier or more cost-effective, I can increase those amounts as needed to those ends. Would love to start with contacts to begin refining my understanding of the process. But thank you for reaching out sir. I appreciate it.

The issue with the quantity is that those who toll refine usually keep a percentage of the refined metal as their payment. Refining 1 ounce of placer for, say 10%, doesn't pay very well. Refining 10 oz. of placer gold is not much more work, but covers the costs much better.

Dave

I'll do it for you sir. One time, No charge. You just pay shipping both ways.
You will get the same gold back that you send in.
Send me a message.

Why not just cast your high purity as is gold into rings? There are reasons most are 14k, 18k being the highest. It wears better. Why refine, then alloy? Don't mean to tell you what to do, do what you want.

If you have time, I'd recommend learning how to refine and cast, so you can do it yourself. I did this with my own wedding rings and they came out well, and it feels more special for both of us because we did all* of it from beginning to end. I'll be putting mine on her finger in two days. :)

*Well, not the mining - it was originally jewelry scrap. To my mind that might make yours even better, to take it all the way from placer gold to a pure ring. But obviously if you'd rather someone else do the refining then definitely do that - you do you!

Why not just cast your high purity as is gold into rings? There are reasons most are 14k, 18k being the highest. It wears better. Why refine, then alloy? Don't mean to tell you what to do, do what you want.
From what I have heard with the contaminants from this area is that it tends to be harder to work with. Additionally, my girl has a slew of allergies associated with metals so I want to control as many of the alloy elements as possible to avoid that. But then again, I’m hardly knowledgeable of these things. I’m just a hopeless romantic who wants to make a special gift from historic raw placer gold. I appreciate everyone’s input.

If you have time, I'd recommend learning how to refine and cast, so you can do it yourself. I did this with my own wedding rings and they came out well, and it feels more special for both of us because we did all* of it from beginning to end. I'll be putting mine on her finger in two days. :)

*Well, not the mining - it was originally jewelry scrap. To my mind that might make yours even better, to take it all the way from placer gold to a pure ring. But obviously if you'd rather someone else do the refining then definitely do that - you do you!
I would love to! If the person who ends up helping me on this is willing, I’d love to participate and learn alongside. 😊

I would love to! If the person who ends up helping me on this is willing, I’d love to participate and learn alongside. 😊
tylerw - per the bold print - have you contacted silver1 - he has offered to help you

He posted/said ------------

I'll do it for you sir. One time, No charge. You just pay shipping both ways.
You will get the same gold back that you send in.
Send me a message.
That may sound like a "to good to be true" offer as that is a VERY generous offer

However - I can tell you that silver1 is a very long time member on this forum & is one of our "most trusted" members

If I were you I would take him up on his offer - you won't get a better offer

Kurt

I also can refine your gold, but unfortunately I live in EU. If nothing comes to your way and you figure out how to ship it securely, i can do it practically for free.
Around a year ago, I faced the same "issue". Through hard work in country where gold was mined for 3000 years, I was able to sluice 10 g of gold. I set aside half of it, and then thinking... How to do it ? Fortunately, my gold was pretty clean and relatively high carat (908/1000), with silver as only acompanying metal. So I just alloyed it with bit more copper for the final alloy. I wanted pinkish 18k gold for the ring, so I added also a bit of refined 99,9% gold to get the silver content bit down.
For me, there was a problem to find a jeweller, who was willing to work with exactly the material I had, but fortunately I found one.

I do not see how one can ever get a better offer than this.
I would really commend you to knighthood if could.
This is a really generous offer.
I bow my head into the dust.

tylerw - per the bold print - have you contacted silver1 - he has offered to help you

That may sound like a "to good to be true" offer as that is a VERY generous offer

However - I can tell you that silver1 is a very long time member on this forum & is one of our "most trusted" members

Kurt
yes, thank you sir. we are already in touch. He is a gentleman and expert on this topic and I cant wait to work with him. You all are very helpful and I greatly appreciate the kind help. I look forward to learning more from you all on the science of all of this. Silver1, a public thank you sir.

Kurt
I can handle process the gold for jewelry no problem. What karat gold do you desire.

Back