Joey - Introduction

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeyJoystick

Name : JoeyJoystick (I may use my real name in PM, but not in the forum)
Sex : Male
Country of Origin : The Netherlands
Profession : Technical. Mostly Oil Industry or related.
Hobbies : Model Airplanes, Movies and Music and my house.
Interests : Physics, Science in General, Politics,
How long have you been refining gold or have interest in precious metals? : Never refined. Always interested.
What are you looking for in our community? : Learning in general and investigating the possibility of recycling in Thailand in an environmentally friendly manner
How did you discover our Forum? : No idea.

Hi All,

I have deliberately waited a short while before I started to write this. Just wanted to see what this forum is all about.

I must say I am impressed. Generally speaking there is a great atmosphere. More importantly I see there is a vast amount of knowledge between all members. The line of questioning in general is very good. And there is often someone who will bring up issues that are not mentioned, such as safety. The only negative thing I can possibly think about is that sometimes the focus on the question is lost. What I mean is that, although it is good to point out that a method is not financially viable, it would still be the right thing to do to answer the actual question. But that is just my opinion.

As indicated above, my knowledge in refining is none existent, so I will not chip in any time soon. I do however a broad technical knowledge and will (have already on a few occasions) try to contribute where I can.

I have an electronics background, specialized in process control for the oil and pretro-chemical industry. There is not many things I know much about but there is a lot of things I know something about. Always trying to look for solution without reinventing the wheel. And while doing that I think my most important motto is KISS as in Keep It Simple Stupid. Done a few inventions and got one of them patented through an employer once. During this time I did a lot of pipeline inspections. Later in a gold mine in Indonesia we were asked to inspect a pipeline of which the biggest companies said it was not possible, and so did 2 American research institutes. Took me 2 years, but done the inspection with >95% of the pipeline inspected. Was all done by using UT.

Also set-up a new outlet in Vietnam for a service provider who would do an entire turn-around in refineries and the likes.

Ran an R&D Department for an inspection company, but was let go in the 2014 oil price collapse. Struggled a little since, and now working on LNG tankers doing Commissiong, repair and calibration.

So I guess this kinda makes me a Jack of all trades.

Since I moved to Thailand I have been single most of the time, but met a fantastic lady about 7 years ago and this ultimately resulted in MiniMe about 3 months ago. Scared the shit out of me when I heard the news she was pregnant, but he's a great little bugger. I am very fortunate to see him grow up so closely and spend so much time with him and around him.

Hoping and looking forward to see you guys around here on the forum in the times coming.

All the best,

Joey

Welcome! Congratulations on that little bugger.

Mine is turning three in a few days and is very sweet!!

Back