larger pieces left after (poor man's ar)

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I dissolved around 7.5oz. of karat jewelry to get diamonds out, using muratic acid and sodium nitrate, 2 seperate lots & had some large pieces left over about 2oz. Picked the diamonds out and Melted left overs into shot (didn't inquart and should have) This is the cause of my problems?. I'm having very little, possible no reaction now dissolving the shot in ar. Solution is nice gold color & tests positive for gold, going on 3 hrs no brown fumes heated to almost boiling for 2 hrs. The other lots i've done had major fumes and used all of the SN, not this one SN is just sitting in the bottom mocking me.

Karat gold should be inquarted and treated with 35% nitric acid for consistent results every time.

I have a inquarting video on my website.

Collect the residual solids and melt with three times their weight in silver. Dissolve the silver with dilute nitric acid, rinse and dissolve the gold powder in AR.

Steve

Thanks, i've watch the video just about all of them. This website and yours have helped me tremendously.

Latest posts

Back