License for nitric acid in Europe.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
butcher said:
In my opinion, Einstein was not laughed at or told he was an idiot because he was different we are all different, he just could not learn the way the teachers taught, he thought for himself, and could not be hypnotized out of his common sense or brainwashed out of his own mind, like some others he could actually see the simple things, and them for what they were, he was the mirror that showed them their ugly reflection and they hated him for it.

..." In school the teacher asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I told him happy. He said I didn't understand the question. I told him he didn't understand life." John Lennon

:wink:

Bookmarked. I'd consider trying to send in my own application. This is useful! Well done!

I'd say, in prospecting for silver nitric is also useful.
After dissolution of the silver-mineral, A little saltwater is added and the formation of silverchloride is a tell tale sign. I've done so a few times before the law came into play 2014-ish?

Eu_citzen said:
After dissolution of the silver-mineral, A little saltwater is added and the formation of silverchloride is a tell tale sign. I've done so a few times before the law came into play 2014-ish?
Just keep in mind that lead and mercury also dissolve in nitric, and they will also both create white precipitates when chlorides are added.

Dave

FrugalRefiner said:
Eu_citzen said:

Just keep in mind that lead and mercury also dissolve in nitric, and they will also both create white precipitates when chlorides are added.

Dave

Thanks for the reminder, Dave.

Lead occurs only in trace amounts around here. Mercury not at all.
I've specialized in my local area for prospecting.

There's an occasional piece of galena, but the reaction with the nitric seems slower compared to the silver-minerals. Besides, they're easy to tell apart either way. The galena isn't black like the silver-minerals I have here.

Now I'm intrigued, where in Sweden do we have silver minerals but no galena?

Göran

g_axelsson said:
Now I'm intrigued, where in Sweden do we have silver minerals but no galena?

Göran

Southern part of the TIB. Not going into more detail since I'd like to explore this further myself.

Fire assay of a 2 Kg "grab sample" of alluvium show 52 PPM Ag and 3 PPM Au.

Back