• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Local person to process my Escrap

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Golddigger1214

I'm sure this is already in some sort of a thread somewhere, but I figured if it was it would be added into that post.

so here goes. I was going to attempt to process my own escrap, and was honestly ok with everything. I had a great and safe set up, had educated myself on the proper process with AP and had run a few things through up to the dropping the gold part. And then it rained and I spaced on making sure my set up was rain proof, and all my batches drowned and the 60mph winds blew everything over and I essentially lost all the gold that was in the hcl/bleach solution because it all poured out into the sand box I had my work station table at. (I did the sandbox idea in case of any spills because I'm working outside and figured I didn't need anything ending up in the actual ground here). Anyways. so I've decided that I'm pretty much not made out for this, I really don't have the knowledge or skills or equipment to do this properly. I do however have a ton of IC chips, mixed pins, etc all from old servers and computers as well as a ton of boards of all variety, hard drives, etc. I was wondering if there is anyone local to me that is experienced at this and would be willing to process my escrap for me (for a cut of course) or that would be willing to actually pay me the fair market value for my stuff for the precious metals and whatnot. I am located in anaheim, ca and am willing to provide my direct contact info if anyone is willing to help out. Thank you in advance for any help.

I would suggest that you do not dispose of that sand. Put it in buckets or totes if you have to, but if you are sure that your values are there, they can be recovered. And sand is one of the easiest medias to recover values from.

I haven't disposed of anything. I figured if the gold is in there it is recoverable. I don't feel I am the person capable of recovering it. I thought this would be a fun project and learning experience and it has been, but I'm also able to acknowledge that it is complex and dangerous and that it should be done by someone other than myself. thank you for the info about the sand I do appreciate it.

I've not been refining escrap for awhile because, well, escrap is a pain and I had been too busy.

However, if your lot of IC chips is just ceramic processors, I would gladly buy them outright or toll them for you.
Golddigger1214 said:
... I do however have a ton of IC chips, mixed pins, etc all from old servers and computers as well as a ton of boards of all variety, hard drives, etc. I was wondering if there is anyone local to me that is experienced at this and would be willing to process my escrap for me (for a cut of course) or that would be willing to actually pay me the fair market value for my stuff for the precious metals and whatnot. I am located in anaheim, ca...

Im in KS though.

Dont hold that against me

Rreyes097 said:
Ks? And I'd love to find someone to process my ic chips. But they are both kinds plastic and ceramic. As well as eproms with visible gold.

KS
Kansas
It's somewhere in the middle of 'Merica.. ...i cant really list anything of note, because there really isnt anything here..

Ceramic ICs and gold eproms would be viable (for me, anyway)
Those are easy and straightforward, for the most part.

As far as the plastic ICs (dips? Flatpacks? Plcc's? BGA, SOP, et al?..i guess, the packaging is irrelevant.)
I havent finished making my pyrolyzing furnace yet, so, I wouldn't be able to help with those...also, not a fan of gambling on the bonding wires being gold vs aluminum.

If u want to talk on it further, send me a msg. I may be able to help. Maybe.

[/quote]
Topher_osAUrus said:
KS
Kansas
It's somewhere in the middle of 'Merica.. ...i cant really list anything of note, because there really isnt anything here..

Miles and miles of corn or more corn and maybe some sunflowers and clouds. 🤣🤣🤣

Man, I hate that stretch from Kc to Limon. Hate it. Lol

Im a very noob but I live in Placentia, Im learning my self and be willing to do it for a 50/50 cut - the chemical and any sort of special equipment. I'm not a pro I am really new but if you want to give me a little bit we can meet and see what happens. PM me please by the way that storm hit me too I was luck enough to put my gold away but my hot plate got hit.. All well that is amazons problem. I also have a professional furnace. Maybe we can put our heads together. I have a ton of nitric found a great source

Back